MRP / Trib. Wilson Groin Shot

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t believe this hasn’t been brought up. WTF was Weightman doing standing in the position he was. What is Wilson supposed to do? He is lying flat on his back and cannot get up because he has the player who has been awarded a free kick against him standing over him with his legs either side, and showing no intent to move.

I definitely think it is time the AFL looked at this rubbish. If a player is suspended for an illegal hit on an opponent, but the hit is provoked by the “victim” doing something he shouldn’t be doing or being in a position he has no right to be in, give the victim a week as well.

Why Wilson gets a week for trying to get someone off him and Mills gets a fine for doing the same thing to a player who is not restricting him…doesn’t make sense.

I played a long time ago and things were different then, a lot more dangerous, but if someone was standing in a threatening position you did something about it. You didn’t stand in positions like that if you didn’t want to get hit.

Can’t believe this hasn’t been brought up. WTF was Weightman doing standing in the position he was. What is Wilson supposed to do? He is lying flat on his back and cannot get up because he has the player who has been awarded a free kick against him standing over him with his legs either side, and showing no intent to move.

I definitely think it is time the AFL looked at this rubbish. If a player is suspended for an illegal hit on an opponent, but the hit is provoked by the “victim” doing something he shouldn’t be doing or being in a position he has no right to be in, give the victim a week as well.

Why Wilson gets a week for trying to get someone off him and Mills gets a fine for doing the same thing to a player who is not restricting him…doesn’t make sense.

I played a long time ago and things were different then, a lot more dangerous, but if someone was standing in a threatening position you did something about it. You didn’t stand in positions like that if you didn’t want to get hit.

Nah lol

Probably not 1000 cameras to deal with a long time ago

Hahahaha. What a tool.

Try actually watching the replay - the Bulldog player did not "stand over" the Fremantle player at any time. He is in the process of standing up after the tackle when the punch is thrown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back