Wilson takes the bait

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just read Wilson's article....why no mention of Richmond's membership figure? It couldn't be because it's behind North Melbourne's, could it? Anyone know how Richmond's membership drive is going?

Hello Caroline....since we know you're reading this, how about an article on how Richmond is going on their membership drive?

You guys are being a bit hard. There mustn't be much of a Richmond-supporting readership to write for, after all the few literate ones that would be able to walk upright to the newsagent's with more efficiency than cro-magnon man, are probably the ones still hiding in their wardrobes since 1980.
I've heard getting them out is as hard as convincing those Japanese fighter pilots who end up living in a cave for 50 year, THE WAR IS OVER, THE WAR IS OVER - p.s. YOU LOST!

Originally posted by Shinboners:
I've just read Wilson's article....why no mention of Richmond's membership figure? It couldn't be because it's behind North Melbourne's, could it? Anyone know how Richmond's membership drive is going?

Hello Caroline....since we know you're reading this, how about an article on how Richmond is going on their membership drive?

Last figure I heard was about 3 - 4 weeks ago - It was 18,500 then.

Got a Magazine from the Richmond Club only yesterday - part in it by Mark Brayshaw where he states that membership levels are up on where they were at the same point last year.

The Mag is quite impressive, though Darky may have to help me actually read it!
biggrin.gif

------------------
TigerFury.net - Independant Richmond Tigers website

I noticed that ugly wilson omitted Richmond from the list of clubs who have resorted to tin rattling. I recall donating $5 to the Save the Skins Campaign. As for the Bulldogs being incident free, I also recall reading a post on the Bulldog Board alledging that libba and another bulldog player were disciplined for an incident at the Heat nightclub.

As for their CEO Smorgan on 927 this morning he called all the unsigned bulldog supporters "humpdy dumpies". Well he motivated me, my mother and aunt are bullies supporters, but I will buy them a north melbourne membership. Such a way with words Smorgan !!!!!!!

Originally posted by CJH:

The Mag is quite impressive, though Darky may have to help me actually read it!
biggrin.gif

I suspect you might be one of the more literate ones. How you have enough room for a computer in your wardrobe is beyond me though.

By the way, *hands CJH a torch* this might help you with the magazine
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Darky:
I suspect you might be one of the more literate ones. How you have enough room for a computer in your wardrobe is beyond me though.

By the way, *hands CJH a torch* this might help you with the magazine
biggrin.gif

We finished cleaning the wardrobes out in 1995 - the Monday before Anzac Day - if I remember correctly! This was quite a long process which started with a massacre on Mother's Day the previous year!

Apparently - as I read here recently - they all went straight from the wardrobe to the bandwagon. Haven't been able to get the buggers of since! (despite the best efforts of Robert Walls
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
TigerFury.net - Independant Richmond Tigers website

Originally posted by CJH:
Just rang the club...

Membership is currently between 21-22,000.

----------
Thag

That's a very good effort by Richmond...a good start to the season and your guys should be giving 30,000 a very good shake.

However, we accept that the Tigers have many more fans than North, so if USC questions why it's taken North fans so long to sign up (although our membership has grown every year in the 90s at a faster rate than most other clubs), then why isn't she questioning Richmond fans as well?

This isn't to question the loyalty of Richmond fans (and let's face it, if USC barracked for another club, we'd be naming that club instead), but rather asking the question, why doesn't she apply the same "standard" of questioning to her club as she does to North Melbourne?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back