Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Wayne Arthurs through to the main draw :thumbsu:

Who is everyones tips for the titles.
Mine are:
Men - Andy Roddick
Women - Maria Sharapova

Mens: Federer. No one can beat this guy on grass.
Womens: Ivanovic. Going for a upset, but I think she has the game, and hopefully she will have learnt from the French Open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bogdanovic vs Guccione will be interesting.

Bogdanovic has hopes of breaking into the Top 100 by the end of this tournament if he can get into the 2nd/3rd round.

Men: Novak Djokovic. I think he has potential to beat Federer this time.

Women: Ivanovic. She is a awesome player. Jankovic has chance of winning as well.

PS: Note. They are Serbs :)

Roddick seems to have the best draw of the favourites but you can't tip against Federer

Serena in the women's

Aussies:
Hewitt - No reason he shouldn't at least make the round of 16
Gooch - A quarter final isn't out of the question, nor is a first round straight sets loss to a Pom
Arthurs - For a guy who likes grass he has a pretty ordinary record here but it's a soft section - should win his first round and Robredo's record's worse so he could win the second too, some chance of beating Bjorkman in the 3rd, no chance of getting past Berdych

Molik - Second round is a good time to get Serena but she'll have to be at the top of her game
Stosur - Should make the 3rd round for the first time but I can't see her getting any further
Dellacqua/Pratt - Well at least one of them has to win, Vaidisova should beat whoever does in the second

What is Hewitts draw like. I looked and cant see a reason why he cant make the Semis ...anyone care to enlighten me with a reasoned debate and not ''coz hes s**t'' answer?
You "couldn't see a reason why he can't make the semis", well you're right in the sense that he's got a good chance to make the semis, however:

A) Djokovic 4th round clash, Baghdatis/ Davydenko QF clash, all very good grass players (actually, don't know about Nole but I'd assume he's pretty good)

B) He lost last week to Tsonga at Queens randomly.

You "couldn't see a reason why he can't make the semis", well you're right in the sense that he's got a good chance to make the semis, however:

A) Djokovic 4th round clash, Baghdatis/ Davydenko QF clash, all very good grass players (actually, don't know about Nole but I'd assume he's pretty good)

B) He lost last week to Tsonga at Queens randomly.
Losing randomly doesnt mean toom much unless its because Tsonga is a big server?

Baghdatis will trouble him but not sure about the other 2/3

What is Hewitts draw like. I looked and cant see a reason why he cant make the Semis ...anyone care to enlighten me with a reasoned debate and not ''coz hes s**t'' answer?
Because the players he will come up against, Baghdatis won't get the chance to trouble him if Hewitt has to face Djokovic in the fourth round, will get wiped off the court

I personally don't believe Baghdatis is as good as people make him out to be. Not exactly a bad player, but i don't think he's all that good.

Just my opinion of course.

Possible value tonight:

Rodionova 3.25 over Molik
Ginepri 3.75 over Gonzalez
Querrey 2.05 over Falla
Roger-Vasselin 1.85 over Baker
De Voest 5.25 over Safin
Fish 6.50 over Nadal
Moya 2.15 over Henman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back