Wimbledon 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Right call, even though its been sunny, it is quite dull and in 20 min they are going to have issues seeing the ball and that's not what you want contend with at 3-3 in the 4th.

The hill booed Janowicz when they showed a shot of him walking on court. Stay classy, Britain
What a load of rabble they are. Murray can't get his arse handed to him soon enough.

Janowicz set himself up for a fall by playing the Bad Guy very poorly, he got what he deserved.

Janowicz set himself up for a fall by playing the Bad Guy very poorly, he got what he deserved.
Horseshit, people who boo don't belong in the stadium.

I'll take great pleasure when Djokovic mops the floor with Murray, just to see the Booing Mongs & English Bandwagoners frown. Schadenfreude at it's finest.
Just to be clear, you do realise Wimbledon is in Britain.
So what? I still laugh at the fact that he has all these English Fans that support him simply because of British Pride. Did they all just forget what he said when asked about the Football Team? Talk about desperation.

F***, that was a disappointing way to go out. The way Murray played in that 4th set, wow. Couldn't believe some of the balls he was returning. The game turned when Murray chased down those drop shots in the 3rd set. Big fan of Janowicz, looking forward to seeing more of him in the future slams, a star in the making

Fair enough GrandBlue, however I should clarify, I am from Scotland, so I have some sympathy with your anti Pom gripes and will be onside come the Ashes, but with regards to Andy, I`ll see you here after the DT and SC updates on Sunday;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

was hoping janowicz would get up. he looks like a real prospect.

i'll probably sound like anti murray anti pom whatever, but it'll be pretty seedy if he wins with every big gun on his side of the draw getting bundled out. it's not his fault, and you can only play in front of you, and if others guys lose then you gotta take advantage, but it's still a bit bleh. i have said that before when players have had good draws deep into grand slams, although with the consistent dominance of federer, nadal, djok and murray, it would have been years since a draw has opened up like this for anyone.

that being said he'll still have to get through djokovic to win this, and that is going to be a huge challenge in itself, and the way janowicz is playing it is like a top 10 player (which he will or almost will be i believe)....

and with the ashes coming up we don't want to get he british press, and the british sporting psyche on any sort of roll. i do believe that sort of thing can happen and everyone just starts feeding off each other. that starts tonight with beating the lions, and can be helped tomorrow by novak.

Del Potro/Djokovic semi was crazy.

When members of the Big 4 play lesser players, it usually winds up with the lower ranked player just trying to hang in there.

But when they play against someone who's able to stand on the baseline and go toe-to-toe with them, e.g. Wawrinka at Aus Open & Del Potro last night, it makes for brilliant tennis and usually great theatre (OK, so it's mostly baseline ball-bashing. Hey, I miss serve-volley too, but that's modern tennis I guess).

And some of those crosscourt forehands from Delpo :eek: ...The guy's got a freakin' sledgehammer for a right arm.

2 finals for 1 win, 1 loss in last 14 slams. Currently =1st for most Australian Opens and most US Opens in the Open Era, and =1st for most Wimbledons All Time / Open Era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back