Wimbledon 2016

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
for a scoreline which looks so close, it was awfully one sided. maybe it just felt that way.

Murray deserved this. funny, the first time he faced someone other than Fed or Joker; he wins a final.

Raonic was not ready for a grand slam just yet but he will grow from this experience. he didnt break Murray once. So for all that great returning, it was Murray ground strokes and defence which won him the match amongst other things.

Raonic wasn't totally disgraced
That's basically a win for Canadians

He was better than Bouchard at least who was that bad it was hilarious!

No doubt Raonic will win a Slam or two, probably the US Open as a guess first. Might win Wimbledon if he gets a good draw (and doesn't have to beat Novak or Murray who are terrible matchups).

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Andy completely deserved to have more than 2 grand slams in his career and I'm happy he won it today. The first time he played someone ranked below him in a GS final which is incredible. He's also arguably the form player of the last couple of months.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
It was a pretty expected result though. Raonic was always going to lose. Murray was always going to be better in the back end of sets, he makes the most of it when he gets a chance. The first 2 sets went exactly how it was expected. Raonic's only chance was if Murray was 20% off tonight, he wasn't so Murray was always going to win.

Was a fairly meh tournament this year, I guess the rain hasn't helped though.
Of course you would say it's been a meh tournament because you're golden boy got knocked out early.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Credit to Andy Murray for dominating that match, and also for not flopping down on the ground like a helpless fish upon winning.

Good call, that flopping is the most overused thing I've ever seen for a winner.

Correct me if I'm wrong but did it start from Hewitt and now every winner must be a copycat and can't think of anything so they resort to that?
The players don't even know why they flop, they just do it.
At least with Murray, you could see that was proper elation and acted accordingly.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
There still hasn't been a grand slam winner on the men's side born after the Berlin Wall came down. JMdP and Cilic are the youngest active winners at 27. I know I'm not breaking any ground in saying this but the proliferation of talent in the sport is insane currently.

TheMainMan83

Debutant
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Murray now moves above the Hewitt level of player in the all time rankings, sorry Hewitt fans.

Debate is officially over.

Of course you would say it's been a meh tournament because you're golden boy got knocked out early.

At least Federer lost. That is always a good thing. Novak loses early and still the Fed lovers go home crying. Good days.

Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton FC
At least Federer lost. That is always a good thing. Novak loses early and still the Fed lovers go home crying. Good days.
Haha just like you cried when Novak lost.

Rinse and repeat your same repititive negative BS at the US open?

TheMainMan83

Debutant
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
There still hasn't been a grand slam winner on the men's side born after the Berlin Wall came down. JMdP and Cilic are the youngest active winners at 27. I know I'm not breaking any ground in saying this but the proliferation of talent in the sport is insane currently.

The fact the young guns haven't stepped up is exactly why there's no need for Federer to even retire despite being almost 35 because he's still 3 in the world.

Same for Murray and Djokovic they've just turned 29 and there looks like no new challengers on the horizon for the next 2 years at least, Raonic is limited once the ball is back in play and Nishikori can't play 2 events without picking up some kind of injury, then you have Nick who you never know if he's ever going to get it and become a true professional.

Murray now moves above the Hewitt level of player in the all time rankings, sorry Hewitt fans.

Debate is officially over.

Yeah, this actually annoys me, haha. I've been using this argue meant for ages

But yeah it was always going to happen

Haha just like you cried when Novak lost.

Rinse and repeat your same repititive negative BS at the US open?

Was annoyed he lost to Querrey but he had won 4 straight Grand Slams, something none of Federer and Nadal managed to do even in their prime. If he's going to lose I'd rather it be early than losing to Federer or Murray in a final.

No it isn't.

Many people wanted to see Federer win his 8th and stand alone with the greatest number of Wimbledon victories, and reassert his GOAT position. Unfortunately he stumbled/choked against a player that played his final in the semis.

It's too bad because Federer plays well against Murray on grass.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Lol at thinking Federer would have beaten Murray, that is a funny one. Murray is just better now as Federer is old.
Murray has never beaten Federer on grass and lost to him at Wimbledon only last year. In fact Murray hasn't beaten Federer since 2013. Fed may not have won but it's ridiculous to dismiss the possibility as vehemently as you have.

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
Im going to load up on Djokovic winning the US Open, coming back mentally fresh and firing.

Id also put a sneaky wager on Federer not playing the world tour finals not only due to injury but lack of points. Wouldnt be surprised if he misses a large portion of the US Open series with injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
Why is it funny?

Federer has won the last 10 sets against him, including the Wimbledon semi-final last year where he beat him in straight sets.

Dont think Federer would have had a chance in the final, given that he would have played two five setters in a row and Murray is arguably playing his best ever tennis right now. The way Murray has been returning serve - jesus. It wouldnt be ridiculous to argue that he is the best returner of all time. Add to that his supreme defensive skills and improved aggression he has shown this year. His net game is under rated too. There is daylight between Novak and him and then him and the rest of the tour now.

3 grandslams dont give credit to how good Murray is. And I dont even like him. 11 finals, Olympic gold and single handedly giving the UK the Davis Cup, his place amongst the greatest will unfortunately be understated I think.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood
He was better than Bouchard at least who was that bad it was hilarious!

No doubt Raonic will win a Slam or two, probably the US Open as a guess first. Might win Wimbledon if he gets a good draw (and doesn't have to beat Novak or Murray who are terrible matchups).

You changed footy teams from Essendon to Sydney. You will never have any respect on here.

Back