Grand Slam Wimbledon 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
The 5th set between Djoker and Nadal was a fantastic display of tennis, even if I have epic fatigue from this slam.

Kerber has generally had one of the most attractive tennis games of the 2010s, ever since she made that USO 2011 run (making her one of the more popular players on the circuit). Even so, the type of tennis she has produced in 2016 and 2018 is extra special, seldom has a dull moment. Hingis, Henin and Kerber in their no.1/slam days have been some of the biggest tennis treats in my time watching tennis.

Mr Bods

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Well I didn’t get either of my favourites to win Wimbledon but thankfully the next best thing happened. Neither of two of the worlds biggest con artists in Federer and Serena Williams got to add another title. Thank you Anderson and thank you Kerber.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Well I didn’t get either of my favourites to win Wimbledon but thankfully the next best thing happened. Neither of two of the worlds biggest con artists in Federer and Serena Williams got to add another title. Thank you Anderson and thank you Kerber.
???

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
Shout out to Nadal, who has been incredible to watch since AO 2017. One of those legends who I wasn't a fan of for the bulk of his career (2003-2005 AO is the last time I really liked him), preferring Federer and especially Djokovic. But his tennis of the last 18 months has been persistently delightful to behold, cuts to the spirit of the sport. We'll sorely miss him when the inevitable beckons.

vaughany

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Con artists...what the!?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

JackNah_8

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Richmond
Shout out to Nadal, who has been incredible to watch since AO 2017. One of those legends who I wasn't a fan of for the bulk of his career (2003-2005 AO is the last time I really liked him), preferring Federer and especially Djokovic. But his tennis of the last 18 months has been persistently delightful to behold, cuts to the spirit of the sport. We'll sorely miss him when the inevitable beckons.

I think I'll miss Nadal the most when he retires, I just enjoy watching him play. He brings something different to the game and always such a tough fighter. I was impressed he made the Wimbledon semi finals this year

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Oh yeah congrats to Irina Begu for winning the wooden spoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pepsi

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
Thread starter #1,563
Good luck to both men, hopefully it's Great final. The quarters and semis of the men's have brought the tournament to life..

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Well that wasn't the best of starts for Kev.

Least if this match gets dull, we got the WC final

Aussie_boy

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
At least Kevin is making the decision to go to bed rather easy. He'll do well to even force a tiebreak.

RAPPA

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Awful start. The quality matches were seemingly in the quarters and semis. Hopefully Kev recovers but this looks like 2.5 hours at best

Top Bottom