Grand Slam Wimbledon 2018

This is why I can dislike Bo5 on some days

Whats the point of playing the 3rd set. We know what going to happen.

Feel sorry for Anderson.

Best of 3 is worse...at least best of 5 gives the player some hope to come back

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Best of 3 is worse...at least best of 5 gives the player some hope to come back
I like Bo3 because every set is important.

Don't get me wrong. I not a Ben Rothenberg and want the men to start playing Bo3. I just dislike how long it can take when we know what going to happen. It is why I never watch the early rounds of the favourites on the men's side. Its a waste of time.

CourageousQuickItaliangreyhound-max-1mb.gif

I like Bo3 because every set is important.

Don't get me wrong. I not a Ben Rothenberg and want the men to start playing Bo3. I just dislike how long it can take when we know what going to happen. It is why I never watch the early rounds of the favourites on the men's side. Its a waste of time.

You can say that about both sides of the draw early on..

Serena usually flogs her opponent early...it's not just the men winning easily.

I've said for a long time that all finals, from the quarters onwards should be best of 5, male and female.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Maybe 5 set tiebreakers should happen but only if the final set is 12-12.

Maybe 5 set tiebreakers should happen but only if the final set is 12-12.

Or we can leave it as it is. Novak looks fine and his match would have been a lot more taxing! I mean most of the games in the Isner match you had maybe 2 points where it wasn't a big serve.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Or we can leave it as it is. Novak looks fine and his match would have been a lot more taxing! I mean most of the games in the Isner match you had maybe 2 points where it wasn't a big serve.
Very interesting statistic would be to see the distance covered between the 2 in their respective semi finals. My guess is that djokovic covered more distance.

Very interesting statistic would be to see the distance covered between the 2 in their respective semi finals. My guess is that djokovic covered more distance.

Easily. Most points were 8+ shots, as neither Novak/Rafa are huge servers, novak can serve big but it's not his go to play.

Back