Me Myself and I

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2016
Singapore
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Bolt also through to Q's R2 beating an Italian. Got up 12-10 in the third set where the only break was the last game. Nearly got to a 12-12 tie break.

Hives. Aiava, Perez, Birrell, Rodionova, Mcphee & Hon all in Q's R1 tonight.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Sabine Lisicki is also through to the final round of qualies.

Showcases how thin edge tennis can be. In the first round, she beat T.Babos. Babos herself was just 1 set away from clinching a WC to Wimbledon via Ilkley ITF tournament. Now she has nothing
Sabine won the first set 6-0, but then lost in 3, 0-6, 6-4, 6-4 to Lesley Kerkhove, ranked of 200 odd and who will be playing their 2nd grand slam ever at 27 years old. Yes, I have never heard of her either.

To fully finish the circle of this, Lesley Kerkhove lost to T.Babos first round of the Ilkley ITF event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
I think he makes a lot of valid points. Most people have no idea how expensive it is to be a professional tennis player, they just see the prize money and think 'wow o_O'. The money you earn/win is not all yours to keep.
At the very top the money is phenomenonal. But it drops away so quickly.

It's of little surprise that match fixing is such a big problem in the sport at the lower levels. These players probably feel like there is no other way to make money from the sport.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
You have to wonder how someone like Brydan Klein can have a 14 year career with a career high ranking of 169. He would have got good coin from TA early doors as he was a promising junior and then got some decent cash from the LTA for a while after he switched to GB but surely that is well and truly dried up.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Aussie men 1st round:
🇦🇺 (Q) A.Popyrin V P.Carreno Busta‬

🇦🇺 J.Millman V H.Dellien‬

🇦🇺 B.Tomic V J-W.Tsonga‬

🇦🇺 J.Thompson V N.Kyrgios 🇦🇺

🇦🇺 [25] A. de Minaur V M.Cecchinato ‬