Grand Slam Wimbledon 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah.

Both players tried their hearts out, saved themselves from the brink multiple times and a few bad shots and they lose in a tiebreaker.

Maybe in a semi or quarter final because of fatigue going into a final but not to decide the ******* championship.

Disagree the same rules should apply the whole way through

Anyone have the stats of majors won by the big 3 against each other? I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere Novak leads them both but could be wrong..

He does. He is a few years younger though

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Going to be a bitter and difficult loss for Federer after having 2 match points on serve. But still, he was incredible. Tennis has a scoring system where you can be the better player through the match, win more points, but lose in the end.

Novak in that game where he was down match points was phenomenonal. What a champion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Federer won 14 more points for the match, a much better winner to UE ratio, more aces, more break points. It's a very tough loss for him.

Djokovic on the other hand was not at his best in the first 2 sets that I watched. He was clutch in the tiebreaks, which in the end got him the trophy.

Jack Gun Cyril Stun

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Knob move lol? You salty that’s why. It’s a show of respect from his culture.
Ohh but what have been feds greatest win..
Read up one.
I like Novak, have argued on here why he could be the GOAT well before tonight. Haven’t heard from you previously though.
I stand firm it would have been Feds best win. He’d be shattered like no other loss.
Novak’s best win was prob AO 2012, though this right up there imo, but fed had it on his racket and let it slip. Was hard to mentally come back from that.
It’s more of Fed choke in the end.

Sleep....I need sleep.

I kinda thought Fed should do a Nick on his first MP. hit a first serve on his 2nd serve. Have it totally on his racquet. But that might be sleep deprivation talking

I think we all are but the adrenaline from watching keeps me awake. I'm glad I have enough sleep before the match :D .

Benj7

NMK🦘4 x 🏆
Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Read up one.
I like Novak, have argued on here why he could be the GOAT well before tonight. Haven’t heard from you previously though.
I stand firm it would have been Feds best win. He’d be shattered like no other loss.
Novak’s best win was prob AO 2012, though this right up there imo, but fed had it on his racket and let it slip. Was hard to mentally come back from that.
It’s more of Fed choke in the end.
Don’t post much on these forum in regards to tennis. I prefer also prefer the 2012 Aus open to this game but that come back was special. I wouldn’t wanna get sucked into the GOAT talk. I did read what you wrote after but it was too late I’d already pulled the trigger on the post. Tbf I don’t think Novak was as great as he normally is. Credit to Federer for a class performance it would sting but someone’s gotta lose.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Nerves got the better of Federer, sadly. Well done Novak on a great win. Clutch when it mattered.
Not even sure it was nerves really-just played the match points he had poorly. Impatient maybe. Should have nailed them. Halep would have.
Champions take their chances. Fed didn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back