Grand Slam Wimbledon 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Heard a stat the other day (god, they are becoming my favourite words this week ;)

It is very rare for 1 of the big 3 to beat the other 2 in a tournament. So, whoever wins, I have Joker for the final.

Also, I don't know if this is a good stat for Serena or bad. It could turn bad if she doesn't finish points in under 4 shots.

If Williams makes the final, then it is vital Serena wins the point quickly or else she is dead meat to Halep/Svitolina, who will get the balls back and they will make her run, unlike the other players Serena has faced. Halep especially has been training for Wimbledon and not the French supposedly. It is either going to be Wimbledon 2016 or Wimbledon 2018 finals for Serena. They were both against Kerber. One, her serve and return won her the match. The other just didn't and she was thrashed.

Of course, Strycova could win tonight and all this is moot. Wouldn't shock me if Strycova does win the Tournament, She retires on the spot. Has already announced that she is unsure if she is returning next year. She is still in the doubles as well. What a tournament.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong

Be pretty dirty if I end up having the grand slams the wrong way around!

vaughany

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 23, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Dylan Alcott semi final match is being televised now on ch506 Fox Sports

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Halep was clinical and showed her big game experience against Svitolina, controlling court positioning for most of the match.

Interesting that she and her team made wimbledon the focus this year, instead of roland garros. Paid off in a huge way. She certainly has earnt a chance at a second slam title. Has now made the finals of AO, FO and W.

Back