Grand Slam Wimbledon 2021 - CONGRATS ASH BARTY! šŸ„³šŸŗšŸŽ‰šŸŽ¾

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Novak isnā€™t done yet. Wasnā€™t it Monfils, Nishkori.
Be incredible if he nabs 25.

I think you are missing the point completely.

Firstly, I havenā€™t even mentioned Novak but since you brought him up, he does have a few years left in him of winning Grand Slams. Iā€™d say 3-4 maximum. Not going to be playing the same at 39 and I do see 25 Grand Slams for him as likely.

Secondly, you are comparing young talent to players (Monfils and Nishikori) similar to Novakā€™s age who have not made it. Unsure of others views of Monfils and Nishikori but I personally never rated them highly. It was clear that Novak and Nadal would be the standouts of their age group.

I think you are missing the point completely.

Firstly, I havenā€™t even mentioned Novak but since you brought him up, he does have a few years left in him of winning Grand Slams. Iā€™d say 3-4 maximum. Not going to be playing the same at 39 and I do see 25 Grand Slams for him as likely.

Secondly, you are comparing young talent to players (Monfils and Nishikori) similar to Novakā€™s age who have not made it. Unsure of others views of Monfils and Nishikori but I personally never rated them highly. It was clear that Novak and Nadal would be the standouts of their age group.
Just saying that the young talent that has come up over the last 10 years. Simply remarkable Djokovic has pushed aside a generation. Monfils, Tsonga etc at that time were highly rated.
Djokovic has a better longevity technique and fitness that has put him in incredible stead.

d8ff7963c84ca66f8129ff73632d99bc.gif

I want to add my congratulations to a brilliant performance and achievement by a fabulous young lady.

I really do hope that she inspires a generation of young Australians to try and emulate her ambition and drive as well as her humility.

She's speaks English in the Australian way as well!

Looks pretty epic to me bro.View attachment 1175610

Itā€™s just fake like him. You always knew he would fall on his back no matter what. Itā€™s not a natural celebration, just a copycat one.

When he blows kisses and bows in a stadium of no fans, everything about him is so fake. Kyrgios sums him up so well.

Itā€™s just fake like him. You always knew he would fall on his back no matter what. Itā€™s not a natural celebration, just a copycat one.

When he blows kisses and bows in a stadium of no fans, everything about him is so fake. Kyrgios sums him up so well.

He's like Milos from Seinfeld (same personality), only he can actually play lol

Novak's record is legit but it's a pity tennis is now all about the best defensive player.

Novak isnā€™t just defensive itā€™s actually annoying when he does like last night. Plays better when heā€™s attacking

All, or a lot of tennis players, or even athletes copy the customs and traditions of their sport from past generations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have no idea how stupid this sounds.

Then you mention Kyrgios and I realise why you have a stupid opinion.

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what it is and where it started...
I think that incrediby menacing yell he does when he wins.. like he just slayed a foreign army does not help. Not a lot of humility shown in that. The covid partying did not help his cause either. Seems to have a lot of fans though. Good luck to him.

What COVID partying - At the time clubs were open so Joker was not breaking rules - His exhibition tournament was given the tick of approval by health authorities - There are too many sheep in the world.

btw. It is going to be tough for Barty to lose the number 1 ranking for a while. probably only Sabelenka and I guess Krejcikova is a realistic chance. But if Barty plays after the US(big if), she wont lose it for the year on her current level

Osaka will be fav for the US and is the number one player on the hardcourt. But Barty is the better all court tennis player, as shown by the fact she will be number 1 for 3 straight years*. That discussion is over.

Barty will play on after the US Open - There is big money to be won in the Asian swing which includes the end of season Masters and of course who knows when she can get on a flight to return to Australia.

Tbh for the most part here results in slams are underwhelming for a player that's been no 1 for a substantial period, that's probably why.

Number one players in women's tennis don't routinely win Grand Slams unless they are utterly dominant like S.Williams, Graf or Navratilovaa.

It's great to see a well-rounded player who displays excellent court craft win Wimbledon - Congratulations to Barty. Another routine day at the office for Djokovic.

On another note well respected tennis journalist and promoter Craig Gabriel who travelled over for the French and Wimbledon is now stranded overseas because of the 50% reduction for overseas arrivals - At this stage he is unable to get a flight until September 1 at the earliest.

It's great to see a well-rounded player who displays excellent court craft win Wimbledon - Congratulations to Barty. Another routine day at the office for Djokovic.

On another note well respected tennis journalist and promoter Craig Gabriel who travelled over for the French and Wimbledon is now stranded overseas because of the 50% reduction for overseas arrivals - At this stage he is unable to get a flight until September 1 at the earliest.
Your point?
He should get an exemption because he is well respected? Or?

Last edited:

So what! Tell that to the other million Australians stranded least he's able to work over there and as a journalist most work is remote.

So what! Tell that to the other million Australians stranded least he's able to work over there and as a journalist most work is remote.
Its not really fair on any overseas Aussies. Covid sucks

Barty will play on after the US Open - There is big money to be won in the Asian swing which includes the end of season Masters and of course who knows when she can get on a flight to return to Australia.
No China this year. You have Indian Wells in October, plus the Year End Champs hosted somewhere. But by the time the US Open comes around, she would have been overseas for 6 months. That is a long time. Especially if the Australian Open isn't held in Australia, then you would barely have a break.

She should ask for a special exemption like the Hollywood stars get. She could easily afford a mansion and a private plane.

Its not really fair on any overseas Aussies. Covid sucks

True but they can't win, won't derail this thread into the reasons but reality is we should be where the US and UK are not where we are.

Back