Grand Slam Wimbledon 2021 - CONGRATS ASH BARTY! 🥳🍺🎉🎾

Who will win?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I just struggle to see how a new player will do on grass.

At a basic level you would think anyone with a good serve and some net craft would be decent but it doesn't always turn out like that.

Even Isner with his monster serve has actually been pretty ordinary at Wimbledon save for 2018. His grass stats are padded out quite a bit by Newport which I think Rajeev Ram won twice which about says it all about the strength of that tournament.

Like really Tsistipas should be decent on grass because he can bomb serves as seen early in the FO final and he has a net game. I guess it is still early in his career for him and he is disadvantaged by putting everything into the clay season, he'd be hoping for a kind draw early without playing any lead ups though, he would be in a bit of trouble if he was to run into a Cilic or Lopez or someone upfront. Maybe Cilic might just scrape a seeding.

Last edited:
Why would a professional tennis player leave Australia to play in the biggest tournament of the year and not give themselves enough time to practise having not played since the beginning of the year. I just don't get it.

Do players have a responsibility to their sponsors in how many tournaments they play a year?

Why would a professional tennis player leave Australia to play in the biggest tournament of the year and not give themselves enough time to practise having not played since the beginning of the year. I just don't get it.

Do players have a responsibility to their sponsors in how many tournaments they play a year?
Money?

Remember who we're talking about here.... there's past form to go off.

And besides why wouldn't he? He'll get paid, so he can sit another year at home playing video games and watching NBA, and depending on the draw he might even win a few matches.

Seedings go down to Fritz who has 36 at the cutoff (now 40).

Cilic, Bublik, Korda, Tiafoe, Kyrgios, Mannarino, Nishikori, Gasquet, Chardy, Querrey, Tsonga, Lopez, Seppi, Anderson, Murray

Granted some are well past their best but shapes up for some interesting RD1 match ups.

Draw is 7pm Friday our time. going to be interesting to see where Nick lands (providing he plays).

Polmans and O'Connell are in the final round of qualies tonight. Rodionova, Perez and Sanders are in the 2nd round tonight.

The Djoker should win.
He is the goat in my opinion.
The top 4 of all time in my opinion are
1. The Djoker
2. Federer
3. Borg
4. Nadal

Borg won 11 slams and retired at age 26, Nadal's record is a bit warped because of his dominance at one tournament.
I think it's disingenuous to limit your discussion only to one slam. Borg's 11 slams came across two tournaments, only four less than Nadal's record across the same two tournaments (from a longer career, as you've noted). Nadal has won five outside of those two. 11/11 vs 15/20 in grand slams, and Nadal has won 22 titles more than Borg generally as well. It's hard to claim that one player's dominance was only at one tournament while disregarding the favourable evidence outside of that tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's disingenuous to limit your discussion only to one slam. Borg's 11 slams came across two tournaments, only four less than Nadal's record across the same two tournaments (from a longer career, as you've noted). Nadal has won five outside of those two. 11/11 vs 15/20 in grand slams, and Nadal has won 22 titles more than Borg generally as well. It's hard to claim that one player's dominance was only at one tournament while disregarding the favourable evidence outside of that tournament.
Borg retired at age 26 and played only one Australian Open.
He also won 5 Wimbledons in a row.
If he played until he was 37 and played in the Australian Open he could have won 25 slams.

The Djoker is an overwhelming favourite in the betting at $1.90 and the next player is 10 to 1
He is clearly dominating world tennis at the moment which is reminiscent of Federer at his peak.
The only thing that can beat him is injury or a meltdown of some kind imo.
In contrast to that, the women's looks a real raffle.

Polmans and O'Connell got through final round. Both their first Wimbledon main draw I am pretty sure. Polmans was 11-9 in the 5th too

A few of these qualifiers have played multiple 5 set matches.What chance do they have in the main draw? Won't they all be too buggered?

Only final round is 5 sets. They don't play till Monday. You would hope not

Womens is tasty as well. barty has got CSN in the 1st round. Perhaps Konta in the 3rd. Kerber and Serena might meet in the 3rd as well.

waiting for the full draw to be released. most of the young unseeded good players have got tough first rounds.

Stephens v Kvitova first round!!!!!!!
Hsieh Su-Wei v Iga Swiatek !!!

Back