Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great game of footy...
Stawell missing several key players as was Ararat...
Young legs of the Rats stood out, ran the ball really well and applied great pressure to Stawell. Fratin and Turner probably the difference in the Rats forward line, both played very well!!

Well let the real footy begin!!!

Qualifying Final
Stawell v warrack eagles

Stawell should have a host of players back and easily beat warrack by 40pts.

Elimination Final
Ararat v horsham Saints

Ararat will still be on a high from last weeks gutsy win over stawell and if they can get Dale(dirk diggler)bligh back they will be to fast and polished for horsham saints..

Any Thoughts........

warrack got the better of stawell last time they met and will prob have andrew bell and aj mckenzie back for the game think it will b alot closer than 40 points.Does anyone know if tuckey will play?

Well let the real footy begin!!!

Qualifying Final
Stawell v warrack eagles

Stawell should have a host of players back and easily beat warrack by 40pts.

Elimination Final
Ararat v horsham Saints

Ararat will still be on a high from last weeks gutsy win over stawell and if they can get Dale(dirk diggler)bligh back they will be to fast and polished for horsham saints..

Any Thoughts........

Not so sure that Stawell will reagin a lot of players, probably a couple..
Big doubts on Tuckey which obviously throws out their structure somewhat and Carr also has to be doubtful...
Still think Stawell will win the game, Warrack did win earlier in the season but i think last years finals experience will hold Stawell in good stead..

Rats played well against Saints last time, had a couple missing and sustained some injuries during the game
Back to form against Stawell last week so should have some confidence..
Saints obviously played well to knock off Horsham the other week so should be a closely contested game i would think..

Interesting to see how it all pans out!!

Getting to that time of the year where we could debate a team of the year... Ill chuck my team i roughed out down and feel free to comment, or better, make ur own team!!
Based mine on simply this season's form, in the position the player usually plays... Tried not to pick players out of position bcoz of reputation or whatever...

B: Pete Thompson (A) Ben Williamson (S) B Harricks (A)
HB: Shannon Argall (HU) Andrew Bell (W) Sean Bayzand (N)
C: Dan Krahe (W) Marcus Anson (HD) Nathan Clough (HS)
HF: Aaron Barnett (HD) Brent Tuckey (S) Luke Carr (HD)
F: Jarred Combe (HU) Clint Midgley (MM) Gavin Kelm (HS)
R: Tim Wade (HU) Karl Lohde (D) Alan Batchelor (A)
Int: BJ Burton (A) Jorah Margetson (S) Al McKinnon (D)

Legend: Rucks in red, Ruck Rovers in green, Rovers in blue

Has any one been reading the wimmera mail lately and getting sick of reading bout johnsy bitching and whinging? Like his latest column having a sook about the GF being in ararat, the only reason he would be against this is bcoz horsham demons probably have the smallest supporter group of any wimmera team and thinks they wont get any supporters there!!
Moron!! In both 2006 and 2007 the Wimmera League has hosted finals at Alexandra Oval and both years Horsham Demons have been well represented in both football and netball, as they will be this year most likely!! In both years the Demons have attracted good support!! Maybe he is just embarrassed about cracking the shits against Ararat earlier this year and running off the ground to abuse the crowd?? He then proceeded to kick a water bottle which fell down on his fat head!! Great stuff Johnsy you really deserve a column!!
As for the travel factor, what about Ararat and Stawell when they have held GF in Dimmy and Warrack over the last few years? Are we not a legitimate part of the league?
If any club has a half decent fan base they will travel anywhere to watch their team play, and the same goes for footy supporters in general who want to watch the big game!!
Make me sick Johnsy!!

Getting to that time of the year where we could debate a team of the year... Ill chuck my team i roughed out down and feel free to comment, or better, make ur own team!!
Based mine on simply this season's form, in the position the player usually plays... Tried not to pick players out of position bcoz of reputation or whatever...

B: Pete Thompson (A) Ben Williamson (S) B Harricks (A)
HB: Shannon Argall (HU) Andrew Bell (W) Sean Bayzand (N)
C: Dan Krahe (W) Marcus Anson (HD) Nathan Clough (HS)
HF: Aaron Barnett (HD) Brent Tuckey (S) Luke Carr (HD)
F: Jarred Combe (HU) Clint Midgley (MM) Gavin Kelm (HS)
R: Tim Wade (HU) Karl Lohde (D) Alan Batchelor (A)
Int: BJ Burton (A) Jorah Margetson (S) Al McKinnon (D)

Legend: Rucks in red, Ruck Rovers in green, Rovers in blue
couldnt find a spot for paul hanns or ben scott both very very good midfeilders/foward line players both being known to kick a bag

Has any one been reading the wimmera mail lately and getting sick of reading bout johnsy bitching and whinging? Like his latest column having a sook about the GF being in ararat, the only reason he would be against this is bcoz horsham demons probably have the smallest supporter group of any wimmera team and thinks they wont get any supporters there!!
Moron!! In both 2006 and 2007 the Wimmera League has hosted finals at Alexandra Oval and both years Horsham Demons have been well represented in both football and netball, as they will be this year most likely!! In both years the Demons have attracted good support!! Maybe he is just embarrassed about cracking the shits against Ararat earlier this year and running off the ground to abuse the crowd?? He then proceeded to kick a water bottle which fell down on his fat head!! Great stuff Johnsy you really deserve a column!!
As for the travel factor, what about Ararat and Stawell when they have held GF in Dimmy and Warrack over the last few years? Are we not a legitimate part of the league?
If any club has a half decent fan base they will travel anywhere to watch their team play, and the same goes for footy supporters in general who want to watch the big game!!
Make me sick Johnsy!!
i applaud BB *clap clap* :thumbsu:

Make me sick Johnsy!!

I reckon there's probably a few people who agree with Johnsy on this point there. I don't know too many people in the Wimmera League who enjoy travelling to Ararat to play. The ground lacks atmosphere and facilities, simply as that. I'd much rather go to Dimboola or Warracknabeal for the GF, but in saying that, good on the WFL for sharing it around, it can get a touch monotonous playing the same ground each year (bit like the same team in it every year!)

Bring on the year Horsham aren't in the GF, then we can get it back at the City Oval where it should be!

Both were in the mix, however I think Hanns form has been down slightly on last year and with Scott - I thought there were other midfielders who deserved their spot ahead of him...[/quote]
Fair enuf then

Make me sick Johnsy!!

Couldn't agree more!!! The bloke has been taking crap all year. In this weeks paper he states the Wimmera League GF can't be at City Oval due to the netball courts (fact), then proceeds to say the District GF should be played there??????

next weeks games are at
2nd Semi at Coughlin Park Horsham on saturday between Horsham Demons and Stawell Warriors in seniors and in the ressies Stawell and Horsham again
1st semi at Central Park Stawell on Sunday between Warrack Eagles and TBC and Warrack and TBC in ressies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what went wrong with ararat then, i thought they had the team to push some teams all the way

The game was close early with Turner looking like being the difference, too big and strong. Fratin was well held by Brennan. Both sides younger brigades were applying plenty of pressure until there were a few contentious umpiring decisions (both ways). The Ararat kids seemed to get sucked in giving away a heap of 50's resulting in goals to Kelm, Klemm and Combe. That was probably the difference in the end.

The game was close early with Turner looking like being the difference, too big and strong. Fratin was well held by Brennan. Both sides younger brigades were applying plenty of pressure until there were a few contentious umpiring decisions (both ways). The Ararat kids seemed to get sucked in giving away a heap of 50's resulting in goals to Kelm, Klemm and Combe. That was probably the difference in the end.
Is it true there was a fight in this game or not

Hi all,

Just chasing some info,

Aaron Barnett, who he go? coaching? is he leaving the district?

Cheers.

Gun. Spent some time in the SANFL although unsure if it was seniors or reserves.
Very quick onballer, great skills and pushes forward to kick plenty of goals..
Played at Horsham Demons this year under Stuey Farr, got no idea of his intentions for next year!!
Hope that helps...

Gun. Spent some time in the SANFL although unsure if it was seniors or reserves.
Very quick onballer, great skills and pushes forward to kick plenty of goals..
Played at Horsham Demons this year under Stuey Farr, got no idea of his intentions for next year!!
Hope that helps...

Thanks Man!

I believe he has recently moved/ in the process of moving to Mildura, football club will be jumping over eachother to get at him no doubt.
Meat market says he'll attract good coin then?
Local to Horsham?

Thanks Man!

I believe he has recently moved/ in the process of moving to Mildura, football club will be jumping over eachother to get at him no doubt.
Meat market says he'll attract good coin then?
Local to Horsham?

Yep, unsure of the standard up there but i think regardless he will attract reasonable coin..
Played juniors at Horsham im 95% sure!! Went for a stint in the SANFL then came back..

Hi all,

Just chasing some info,

Aaron Barnett, who he go? coaching? is he leaving the district?

Cheers.

Very good player, spent 2 years at West Adelaide. Extremely quick and skillfull, has started to have hammy trouble. Would be very worth your while to chase him a gun player and good lad too. Was on $700 a game at horsham so will expect some decent coin

Very good player, spent 2 years at West Adelaide. Extremely quick and skillfull, has started to have hammy trouble. Would be very worth your while to chase him a gun player and good lad too. Was on $700 a game at horsham so will expect some decent coin

Wouldn't image any club up here would shell out $700 to anyone, I believe his got family connection to Imp's footy club.
Forgot to ask, how old? has he coached b4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back