moose47

Team Captain
Dec 31, 2008
Wimmera
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manangatang 3rds
Saints were always going to struggle. They had players from 2nds (Combe) and U17's (Knott) filling senior roles for the first time and Watson and Byrne not playing who were both sorely missed. Still Eagles just played better and Saints probaly lucky to get this far as they were the only team to go down to United who were lucky to win a quarter of footy for the year let alone a game.

KALKEE - Yes for the Wimmera League in 2011. WFL officials want this to happen as do VCFL as major leagues should not have a bye. They are a strong club with huge member and supporter base and facilities - but - they dont like it tough and are very cocky and smug and enjoy the easy pickings of being the best in a district league. If they think they are so good then they need to step up. Navarre to their place in HDFL (at last).
For **** sake Nardoo!. I thought you had gone for good... But no we are blessed with your stupid comments once again. Yes Kalkee currently have a team that would well and truly compete in the WFL, but is this sustainable? Next year no Schultzes? I cannot remember any calls for Rupanyup to rejoin the WFL when they won three HDFL premierships in a row. Kees have not even done this yet. Kalkee in the WFL would mean a fourth WFL team drawing on players solely from Horsham, how would the other Horsham teams handle this, especially United (could fold altogether)? Would clubs like Stawell and Ararat travell to the windy plains of Kalkee or would they forfiet the seconds on a shitty day? Doubt it would get the vote from any WFL Club. Bottom line is, Kalkee are geograhically most suited to the District League and that is were they should stay. Other teams in both WFL and HDFL need to step up and knock off the current top dogs!

All this being said a promotion and relegation system may be the way to go. But how can this be done when we want to treat netball and junior grades as equal status?

Nardoo

Debutant
Sep 27, 2007
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
Goose - true to form once again we have to deal with your inbred rantings about lack of knowledge about all things including footy. Probably would be good to stick to dribbling over your blankie at your make believe friends disguised as dolls. Stop trying to convince people to like you by attempting to seem smart, you are fooling no one Goose except your self.

Any fool would know (yes thats you) its no good inviting a team back into a league after they have left. Rup wanted out of the WFL as they were no good so they could get some success in minor leagues. Kalkee already draw the bulk of players from Horsham (duhh) so it would not make a squib of difference you Goose if they were in the WFL. Teams join higher standard leagues based on their strength as a club. This is why Kalkee is the obvious choice

Mav12

Draftee
May 11, 2010
Horsham
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t have a set against the Saints at all, I’m a big supporter of the Saints. I do think however they have made some critical mistakes over the last decade. Those mistakes are (in my opinion) the reason that not only have they missed two grand finals in a row when they should have been there but also why they have lost six grand finals without being able to win one. Stating the facts does not count me out from being a saints supporter.

Fair enough then, in your opinion what needs to change!!!

Slenko

Senior List
Sep 9, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Any thoughts on GF result? I'm tipping same result as last time they met in a GF. Nhill to win by one kick.

After seeing 2nd semi final hard to see Nhill getting over the line. Saying that though Nhill will be riding high on emotion with Shane Crawford at the club Thursday night and first GF in near 30 years.

As a betting man Horsham easily (10 goals plus) as a sports fan Nhill by less than a goal on last kick of the day.

Footyz Life

Senior List
Mar 15, 2007
Western Highway
AFL Club
Essendon
After seeing 2nd semi final hard to see Nhill getting over the line. Saying that though Nhill will be riding high on emotion with Shane Crawford at the club Thursday night and first GF in near 30 years.

As a betting man Horsham easily (10 goals plus) as a sports fan Nhill by less than a goal on last kick of the day.

I think nhill need shane to pull the boots on for them to win saturday. I think demons to win by 42pts. Binns medal - Dylan Parish.......

Willy Wonker

Debutant
Sep 7, 2010
Around
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nhill were very dissapointing. They needed to bring their A game to be near it and failed badly. Proven to be no where near good enough and showed that in fact they had no idea what was required. Obviously need to import an extra half a dozen players from SA.

captain dela

Senior List
Oct 6, 2008
Murtoa
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Senior Premiers? Nhill
Senior Runners Up? Horsham
Reserves Premiers? Stawell
Reserves Runners Up? Warrack
Under 17's Premiers? Horsham Saints
Under 14's Premiers? Ararat
Toohey Medallist? Shannon Argall or Lenny Clark
Best Under 21 Player? Jake Williamson or Lochie Jordan

Not a bad effort either, Horsham Saints 17s let me down but thats probably typical of them. Well done to Horsham too, 8 flags is an outstanding effort. Are they expecting to loose any players from this yrs team? with the likes of joel geue and sean christopher not getting a gig?

RUDYRU 10

Draftee
Mar 5, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Andrew Bell is jumping back on board to play with his brother Tim. Big whispers of Riley McFarlane coming on board and in talks with a few more out of the HDFL. Aj McKenzie is returning from Ballarat and could well be draggin his brother Ryan (from Roosters) with him. Plus a big recruit out of the SANFL could be returning home for a potential flag. Wheels in motion and big things happening at the eagles at the moment.

Back