Wimmera League 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say he's just going to play a one off game for J/R on permit then play for Dim the rest of the year!

Yeah He has 2 games to go to get life membership at the club!
So I would presume this is one game, then will go again on a split round.

But im tipping ash clugston to kick 8 against kalkee haha.

Game called off through 2nd term after a Harrow Balmoral player suffered a badly broken leg. Saints controlled the game with quick ball movement.

Last edited:
Round 1 is finally here,

All the off season bullshit can finally stop and we can let the games do the talking.
What are the early predictions for the games?
Who do we think will fire and drop?

Saints VS Burras will be a awesome clash for round 1!
Both have been the biggest improvers over the off season adding blokes like kyle pinto and Luke chamberlain to the burra side.
I think the saints will roll Burras in round 1. I reckon it will take the burras a bit more time then round 1 to gel but that isn't saying the result will be the same down the track.

Saints for me.

Nhill VS Dimmy

Both teams are probably out of top 3 talks. But Nhill have confirmed a number of new recruits! and Dimboola has lost a hell of a lot of numbers!
But still dimboola seemed to smash two strong teams in practice matches?. Supposedly 5 blokes missing round 1 out of there senior side.
and 2 missing round 1 for nhill as well.

Dimboola for me

Stawell and Horsham. Cannot really comment to much on off season talk of these two teams but I think Demons will still thump stawell. Demons have lost some good key players. and a good number listed into the rebel squad. so will be interesting to see what happens there. Stawell have converted Ash cowen and Ben Williamson back to there home turf. a couple real key players which might give the young side a spark.

Horsham for me.

Ararat And Warack.

Well IMO I believe warrack will be the biggest sliders this year. Just to many key senior plays out. Disappointing for the club. Ararat have lost some good young players to money with surrounding clubs poaching them. But Ararat for me.

Yeah Agree with all that.

Think the Warriors might suprise horsham abit more then they think. but not enough to get them over the line.
Dimmy will only just get over the line aswell.

Minyip V Saints - I think maybe the saints maybe just in a tight battle ! I would have too agree on the burras might take a few games to gel together. Looking forward too watching the combo of delahunty and pinto !

Nhill V Dimmy - I think again another tight contest between these two. I think nhill will really want to win a few early games this year too boost confidence levels after going winless last season. dimmy have seemed to have lost a few talanted players but should be able to have the depth to cover! dimmy to take the chocolate by 4 goals .

Ararat V Warrack - Another really tight contest expected here. If this was being played in ararat then id tip the rats to win by 10 goals but since it's being played at anzac park I think it may come down to the wire! Warrack have arguable lost their best 3 players from last year in Weir, Harrison and Peters so I think they might just drop off the pace this year. Ararat to win by a 4-5 goals

Horsham V Stawell - match of the round in my eyes majority would expect horsham to win comfortably but the loss of some key players and a lot of there young brigade away with Rebels commitments it might just test the demons depth.
Stawell have been all the talk over pre season and look set to rise from the brink. Any midfield that has the luxury of Kyle Hendy as a ruckman should be dominating stoppages. Horsham by 18 points

Last edited:
I thought any Board member was prohibited from accepting payment from the league. Is it not stated somehwere that Board members must be volunteers? I reckon if board members are getting paid by the WFL to be umpires for the WFL there is a clear conflict of interest. There should be only one independent umpire group for the area to umpire each league administered by the AFL Wimmera Mallee Commision. This is one thing that the new commision needs to ensure happens ASAP.

Anyone else find it a little unusual that the coach of the umpires and an ump officiating matches himself would be giving predictions on who will win and by how much in a local paper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else find it a little unusual that the coach of the umpires and an ump officiating matches himself would be giving predictions on who will win and by how much in a local paper?
Definitely surprised when I saw that in the Mail-Times. Not sure how much comment he got from the players he tipped against!

Talk of Saints having 60-70 senior players on the track to pick from last Thursday and MM's having 40 ressies players to picks from. Well done to both clubs for creating such a culture that people want to go there, but I don't understand why so many blokes want to be at a club and not actually play?

Given Rupanyup's predicament with lack of numbers and a flogging round 1 - bloody good effort to bounce back round two with a win!

McCumber true to his word with must attend 80% of pre season training sessions to play ones....... Midgley in the twos noted last wk, but for how long? A victim as well of so many utilities for M&M's???

A few other notables and former guns in the magoos last round also; Watson, Arnel

So what's new ?? What are everyone's thought after the first 3 rounds ?

I can see only 3 realistic chances for the Flag. Horsham & Horsham Saints the teams to beat from the Burras. Ararat, Dimboola & Stawell on the next rung with a large gap to the Warrack Eagles & Nhill.
Lloyd & Conboy have been dominating for Horsham whilst out of favour with Rebels. Will be interesting to see if they will get a TAC gig or happy running around for the Dees.
Butsch looks super fit after a couple of games back from his health battle. Massive bonus for the Saints.

Last edited:
Very interesting game this Sunday. Saints & Demons both with injury concerns, TAC Cup or player unavailability. Neither team will want to drop this one, especially the Saints after looking a little sluggish v the Burras last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back