Review Win for the ages

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Watts played a strong role in our game on Saturday night.

Dixon spent a lot of time supporting Ryder in ruck, but he also took their main KPD out of our forward line when he was played 'forward'.
Seems like a good tactic to me.
Looking forward to Dixon kicking a bag this weekend. Must play to our strengths and open up the forward line for him as we did for Robbie in the second half.

Looking forward to Dixon kicking a bag this weekend. Must play to our strengths and open up the forward line for him as we did for Robbie in the second half.

Not sure we opened up the forward line for Robbie, considering three of his five 3rd quarter goals came from stoppages, and the other two were joe the gooses where every player was up the field and he was the one who managed to slip his man in transition, but hey, I like the sentiment.

Not sure we opened up the forward line for Robbie, considering three of his five 3rd quarter goals came from stoppages, and the other two were joe the gooses where every player was up the field and he was the one who managed to slip his man in transition, but hey, I like the sentiment.
seemed a lot more open than its normal cluster* it is most weeks.. The fact he had space to work in as opposed to kicking to him 3 on one was a nice change.

seemed a lot more open than its normal cluster**** it is most weeks.. The fact he had space to work in as opposed to kicking to him 3 on one was a nice change.

It might seem a lot more open than usual because both Dixon and watts drew their defenders up the ground. Good for Robbie kicking goals, not so good for dicko kicking them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is Ratkins. I think he ran in to there. He is not that far in front of Motlop.

That is the moment he realises how much his team mates are going to hate him for shirking the tackle and losing the Showdown.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Couldn’t hate him any more than they did before shirking the tackle and losing the Showdown.

Laird the minute SPP turned around:
tumblr_nahh7dl6mX1twe13wo1_500.gif

I actually think he was thankful Ollie shoved him away from Pepp.

This was the first game in a while where all our big bodied mids actually used their strength to win the ball instead of acting like training cones.

Not sure how losing a large amount of contested possession with the talent we have was ever a problem. Massive coaching blunder.

This was the first game in a while where all our big bodied mids actually used their strength to win the ball instead of acting like training cones.

Not sure how losing a large amount of contested possession with the talent we have was ever a problem. Massive coaching blunder.

If we've corrected this, I have no issue whatsoever.

It's the reaction speeds and fast reflexes that our big boys lack. They get on top sometimes and look a million dollars, but other times that look crazy slow, fumbly, and reactive. Atley needs to be part of our future rotation to help curb this for mine.

Our big bodied mids are coached not to win contested ball? o_O

It's overly simplistic to talk about contested possession. A contested possession to the opposition could include a free kick for a push in the back deep inside 50. The stat that we should dominate nearly every week is ground ball gets around stoppages. That's the stat that our big bodied mids should shine through on.

It's overly simplistic to talk about contested possession. A contested possession to the opposition could include a free kick for a push in the back deep inside 50. The stat that we should dominate nearly every week is ground ball gets around stoppages. That's the stat that our big bodied mids should shine through on.
Contested possession to advantage

The stat to end all stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back