Review Win v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

BT's barracking and stupidity is offensive to listen to. Did anyone see the post match cross to Basil Zempilas that showed him being ignored by Spike for high five? Awkward tv but enjoyable watching Basil actually look like even more of a *face than his usually is. It's almost as though channel 7 are trying to turn viewers away.

The NFL coming to 7 will be great though!!

Good to see the crows board has a thread roasting winderlich that's almost as big as this one.

Their priorities game is absolutely on point

Did they see Brodie Smith elbow Hocking in the head after kicking his goal?

ROAST!

It's actually pronounced SEN Kilda. Named after a group of Scottish islands. Apparently, there never has been a Saint called Kilda. I know this because my best mate is a fanatical St. Kilda supporter, and a cartographer.
Well pardon my ignorance lol.

St is commonly the abbreviation for Saint which BT still still pronounces as Sant.

Edit: that post sounded sort of catty - I do appreciate the info.

Missed my first game in 3 years tonight. Will not be missing another game.

****, his commentary is so bad. I wanted to chuck it on mute.
I did mute the commentary.

Hibberd powering on with left ankle soreness practically saving us the game deserves 3 votes alone for me. Goddard and Heppell usual suspects. Fletcher is so invaluable down back, he made some good plays as well despite the bad ones. Seeing Winders giving it to 'em was bloody great, piss 'em off and drink their tears! Zach Merrett's decision making to just keep possession at that moment was exactly what was needed, already playing it smart, calm and collected.

Didn't grimace much with Colyer which was a surprise. Didn't go for the stab when he shot on goal and instead went with the snap, he's learning. Melksham accumulated and that goal was nice, just gotta keep steady and not screw up too much (still unsure about him). Dempsey didn't look too bad, even though most of the time he looked like he got the ball by accident he was a bit more composed than usual.

Bellchambers though, that guy needed a spell a month ago or something. Dude's gone. Also, still not liking this whole one quarter thing and then feeling like either climbing a mountain or trying to stay balanced on it throughout the rest of the quarters (especially last). Adelaide almost got the job done but we were lucky, other sides have that killer punch (Geelong) that were lacking and it'll hurt if we don't capitalise. I'm not sure if our gameplan just works against certain clubs at a certain time (North, Carlton, Richmond) but consistency is important if they want to get into the top 8, as laughable as it is. North pls choke.

The good:
Hibberd was absolutely fantastic. Used the ball beautifully, provided run and carry and defended well. Just an all round defensive master class even after carrying an injury in the second half. Love him.
Goddard - his kicking wasn't up to his usual elite standards but he imposed himself through sheer workrate - also nice start with 2 early kicks that both lead directly to goals.
Heppell - Classy on the inside with really clean hands and great kicking today.
Colyer - I liked him going conservative with his kicks and he was dead on all night. Great game and gave lots of run.
We kicked over 100 points - first time in a while.

The epic moments:
The Howlett epic goal/point from the boundary.
Hurley's goal on the left which won us the game.
Zac Merrett finding a way to both intercept Dangerfield's handpass but then to run all the way up the ground and drain plenty of time from the clock - match winning stuff.
Stanton - one handed tackle of Dangerfield (in fairness I think a fully fit Dangerfield would have broken through but still it was incredible stuff).

The bad: We can't hold onto a lead - i never had real confidence we would win at any stage. Our forward line seems to be impotent for large sections of nearly every game we play - even if we start off red hot like tonight.
Carrying some out of form players like Bellchambers/Melksham/Winderlich (was better tonight).

Gotta say that Hibberd's performances are immense,despite often being tagged. Most attacking half backs are sometimes tagged and usually struggle, but Hibberd usually rises above such inconveniences.

This flog on SEN Shane What is his name started the midnight show bagging the Essendon coaching staff for playing Carlisle forward. Pity that Carlisle has played the last three games in defence and was injured this week. What a joke !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very strange game, have to learn to protect 6 goal leads whilst making sure to capitalise on countless forward entries.

Happy with the win, a win against the Cats is overdue and would be massive.

He did something. Think it was ankle related just from what I saw. How serious remains to be seen at this stage I think. Anyone seen the presser?

EDIT: Match report just says "leg".

Looks like JPod comes down knees first on the back of the leg, hard to tell exactly sure the injury is.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looks like JPod comes down knees first on the back of the leg, hard to tell exactly sure the injury is.

View attachment 63278 View attachment 63279 View attachment 63280 View attachment 63281

Cale Hooker in that last frame.

mr-mcgreg_002_1196470926.jpg

COLYER! ! !

Sorry for losing the faith. You played a great game tonight loved the goal.

Heppell is elite, genuine elite player

Loved that Goddard and Stants stood up towards the end of game

Starting to really worry about Belly's form slump, he is important for the structure as means Paddy can have more of an impact forward

Good to get the win, even if we only played one good quarter. A few quick thoughts:

-When did Colyer learn to kick?
-Heart is in the mouth whenever Baguley gets the ball. A couple of monumental stuff-ups tonight.
-T-Bell won't get going if we fail to play him, but he's giving us nothing at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back