Rumour Winderlich [Staying with the Cartel]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand this. He retires because he said his body isn't up to it anymore then suddenly it is a few weeks later. Now he wants to leave Essendon because of the drugs scandal? Very suss

I love how everybody seems to think that he is a huge Hird man and not Thompson.
That's not my mail and I trust my Essendon mail as it's pretty much from the horses mouth.
Thompson was instrumental in getting him to change his mind.
He's just had a gutfull and he's far from alone.
In a way the ASADA business with SCNs etc is irrelevant now.
The wheels are off and they'll pay heavily.
Not sure that's really what should have happened in true fairness but it has.

They said on Trade Radio that Port are taking legal advice about releasing Paddy from his contract.

Add to that Allen Christiansen (or however spell it) wants to go to a QLD club.... Most likely to be re-united with their new Coach - Bomber Thompson at Gold Coast:D

Disappointed. Wanted Bundy to be a Tiger. Exactly what we need.

Because if he does that, there are no guarantees he will get to Punt Road.
Can you blame the man for wanting to pull on the yellow and black so badly?
I can't.
I don't think the risk is too bad. Essendon's pick is after ours and the other clubs don't really have any use for a 30 year old who doesn't want to play for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many people on here ACTUALLY understand FA?
I think I do, now let's see, if your a player at a club who has no future and you have been there for 8 years, if your any good you pack your bags and get a huge pay rise and head off to a top 4 club in the middle or on the verge of success OR if you are as dumb as dogshit, you go to Essendon like Goddard.

So realistically, if the Winderlich deal is to be done, when could we see this happen?

I mean, it could happen in the next 2 minutes really I guess - Seems a bit strange to me that he said he wont play another game for the bombers yada yada but haven't heard anything more about the trade progressing to fruition

So realistically, if the Winderlich deal is to be done, when could we see this happen?

I mean, it could happen in the next 2 minutes really I guess - Seems a bit strange to me that he said he wont play another game for the bombers yada yada but haven't heard anything more about the trade progressing to fruition
Keeping in mind that even before all the dramas with their "supplements" program, Essendon were always campaigners to trade with.

Realistically, it'll probably turn out this way...

At the end of Oct, all AFL player contracts that expire this year end (or in this case, the option to extend must have been invoked by then).

He tells Essendon he doesn't want to play for them, so come the end of Oct, they let his option lapse rather than have a spot on their list/salary cap be taken up by a guy who probably wont play for them.

So in the FA lodgement in Nov, we sign him up as a delisted free agent.

Of course there are other possibilities: (in rough order of likelihood as I see them)
Winderlich could relent and agree to play for them.
Essendon could call his bluff and enact the option in the hope/belief that he'll change his mind (and "if we can't have him nobody will" attitude).
Essendon, realising all this will happen decided to void the option now and we sign him today.

essenjection wont release him
i reckon he will retire and go through the PSD and just tell the other clubs that he only wants the yellow and black IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if essendon enact the option on his contract, the only way out will be to retire
in that case he goes through the PSD

I really doubt they'd do that.

At the moment they're playing hard ball because a bunch of players are eying the doorway to get out and they don't want it to seem easy to get out and/or hurt the Ryder trade.

Once trade period is over, and it gets close enough to the contract deadline to avoid a rush to the door, they'll ease off a bit.

I really doubt they'd do that.

At the moment they're playing hard ball because a bunch of players are eying the doorway to get out and they don't want it to seem easy to get out and/or hurt the Ryder trade.

Once trade period is over, and it gets close enough to the contract deadline to avoid a rush to the door, they'll ease off a bit.
that's what makes the most logical sense
but his is also the club that took a government body to court
so....

And thus then invoke the 3121 commandment:

Thou shall go fourth and play tiger football as "there is nothing more tigerish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger"

Did you see your chance to quote Tommy there & was just too good an opportunity to pass up ??;)

19 pages in and still we read how we are trying to "poach" him or how we shouldn't be "trading" for him.
We ****** well aren't!!!
Club has already confirmed they won't take him unless he's released, have updated thread title
“We were hopeful, perhaps, of him being able to be acquired as a free agent, but it looks like he’s contracted to Essendon by way of an option clause. We’ll work our way through that over the coming days.

“Ultimately, with an option clause like that, it would require Essendon, or the club in question, to release the player.

“That looks unlikely to happen at this stage. The other option is a trade, but that’s probably not an avenue we’re keen to go down the path of at this point.”
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-10-07/tigers-look-at-winderlich

Let me just put it this way, If a player is agreeing to a contract say for 3 years with a trigger of a 4th year
Would he agree to years 1,2,3 averaging $350k but his 4th year only $200k the chances are that the 4th year would be the average of the previous years

Whilst we are all hoping he is cheap, He wont be playing for less than what he was to get at essendon - Human nature
I understand that, but what if he got 500,400,300 with a trigger of 200k? The point being is it could have and we don't know. His contract might have been structured that way so he gets most of it up front.

Why doesn't he just retire and go into the PSD?

Is that how it works though? Looking at Mitch Clark, he retired earlier this year but Geelong still have to get a deal done with Melbourne to get him across as he's still on Melbourne's list. If Essendon play hard ball which they probably will because they are Essendon, I thought they could force him to play with them or retire given he's essentially contracted.

Where did you get this figure from?
Or did you just make it up?
Cotch and Martin come out of contract next year.
Winderlich most likely will only sign a one year deal.
Therefore his salary will free up when we need to sign other players.
Even if we have to give up pick 70-odd for him, what are the chances that we would select a 200 game champion with that pick?
Remote I'd say.
Our record past round 1 in the draft is abysmal to say the least.
We've lost so much experience this year, and have virtually no older heads in the forward line.
From a footballing point of view and also a leadership point of view, Winderlicch would be good on the list for a year or two.
Add to the fact that we have a few recruits that will be given 1 year deals to see if they will make it. Some may and some wont which will also free up cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back