Windows 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspense

AOC + 3
Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems like a natural progression from Win10 - nice clean UI and faster loading/navigation. I'll make a lot of use of the new snap layouts/snap groups as I frequently move between teaching/marking/developing multiple times a day.

I've gotten used to Teams for work but not keen on having Teams built into the OS. I'll definitely be disabling that on my personal PC.

TPM and CPU requirements are strangely restrictive for MS - only supporting 8th Gen and up CPUs and seemingly abandoning hardware that is only a few years old.

Microsoft Store changes, PWA suppport, Android Subsystem - along with the changes they have made with WSL2, VSCode, Windows Terminal and Windows Package Manager (winget) - seems like MS is going hard after the developer market as well.

Also that launch presentation video was miserable. Have we forgotten how to do a proper OS launch?

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seems like a natural progression from Win10 - nice clean UI and faster loading/navigation. I'll make a lot of use of the new snap layouts/snap groups as I frequently move between teaching/marking/developing multiple times a day.

I've gotten used to Teams for work but not keen on having Teams built into the OS. I'll definitely be disabling that on my personal PC.

TPM and CPU requirements are strangely restrictive for MS - only supporting 8th Gen and up CPUs and seemingly abandoning hardware that is only a few years old.

Microsoft Store changes, PWA suppport, Android Subsystem - along with the changes they have made with WSL2, VSCode, Windows Terminal and Windows Package Manager (winget) - seems like MS is going hard after the developer market as well.

Also that launch presentation video was miserable. Have we forgotten how to do a proper OS launch?

I imagine they're pushing Teams as the Skype replacement, and perhaps as an alternative to Facebook for chat/call functions. I'll probably need to keep it on my home PC, Teams doesn't play well when I'm on my work VPN.

TPM 2.0 has been around for ages so that shouldn't be overly restrictive, but if they want a 10 year lifecycle on these OSes they probably have to set the bar a little higher with CPU specs to keep it as current as possible. Windows 10 support ends in 2025, if your hardware isn't up to scratch you should be able to stay on that for a little while without too many issues.

CaptchaProofBot

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
so my taskbar is vertically in the MIDDLE of 2 screens...because it's high (mouse) traffic there.

Now apparently, they've made the taskbar stuck to the bottom.

PIA

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad