Injury Wines has done his shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Announced straight after your guitar solo and finbarr's drum solo, using one of those old school pull down mics they used for boxing.

I could only muster the strength to play the bongo's now, like when Fomzie joined Richie's band and completely ****ed up their gig at the Leopard Lodge.

It's actually easy. We have far more power than most people think but at this stage only one person has used it and copped a lot of abuse from supporters at the ground.

For example, if at every home game a chant went around - Get Ken out - and it was loud and clear the club would have no choice but to get rid of him. They would resist at the start but in the end the club would have to follow the supporters wishes.

Worked for the Timberwolves fans, they booed Thibodeou when he was introduced every home game this season, they would have to crank up the music to try cover it up.
The owner got sick of the toxic atmosphere paired with average on-court results and sacked him hours after a big win in LA.
Later it was reported the owner and CEO wanted him out before the marketing campaign for the new round of season tickets was launched.

Worked for the Timberwolves fans, they booed Thibodeou when he was introduced every home game this season, they would have to crank up the music to try cover it up.
The owner got sick of the toxic atmosphere paired with average on-court results and sacked him hours after a big win in LA.
Later it was reported the owner and CEO wanted him out before the marketing campaign for the new round of season tickets was launched.
The great thing about living in a democratic society. If enough people aren't happy and they are brave enough they can force change.

I have done heaps of waterskiing over 20 years - never injured once!

Wakeboarding is more dangerous, but that is subjective! Certainly the club has taken into account the level of skill Ollie has, and decided to allow it. Live with it mate! The reality is that I was more concerned about injuries to players playing in a CRICKET TEAM! Statistically there is far more chance of getting some soft tissue injury from playing cricket as an extra, than experienced players engaging in watersports!

As an aside, how many posts have you made on this issue? Why keep railing against the club? They have stated their position, some agree with it, some including you dont. Fine, move on!

But are you wakeboarding to the level wines is ? Probably not. If you've been skiing for that long you'd understand there is a very big difference between low level social waterskiing and advanced tricks on a wakeboard. The two are not comparable.

Secondly, highlighting that is not "rallying against the club" with the list we have had (and still have) continually missing the finals (every year bar one)and not winning a single final since 2014 is not good enough. Wanting the level of professionalism from a professional football club and professional footballers is not rallying against the club. Not accepting the s**t that we have been dished up far to often is not "rallying against the club" you may accept that but i will not. and i will not accept being told i am "rallying against the club". Maybe your standards are far lower then mine. Quite frankly if there were more people on the board with my attitude we would be in a far better position.

Last edited:
But are you wakeboarding to the level wines is ? Probably not. If youve been skiing for that long youd understand there is a very big difference between low level social waterskiing and advanced tricks on a wakeboard. The two are not comparable.

Secondly, highlighting that is not "rallying against the club" with the list we have had (and still have) continually missing the finals (every year bar one)and not winning a single final since 2014 is not good enough. Wanting the level of professionalism from a professional football club and professional footballer is not rallying against the club. Not accepting the s**t that we have been dished up for to often is not "rallying against the club" you may accept that but i will not. and i will not accept being told i am "rallying against the club". Maybe your standards are far lower then mine. Quite frankly if there were more people on the board with my attitude we would be in a far better position.
Welcome to my world

But are you wakeboarding to the level wines is ? Probably not. If youve been skiing for that long youd understand there is a very big difference between low level social waterskiing and advanced tricks on a wakeboard. The two are not comparable.

Secondly, highlighting that is not "rallying against the club" with the list we have had (and still have) continually missing the finals (every year bar one)and not winning a single final since 2014 is not good enough. Wanting the level of professionalism from a professional football club and professional footballer is not rallying against the club. Not accepting the s**t that we have been dished up for to often is not "rallying against the club" you may accept that but i will not. and i will not accept being told i am "rallying against the club". Maybe your standards are far lower then mine. Quite frankly if there were more people on the board with my attitude we would be in a far better position.
You are allowing the crapness of Port in 2018 to addle your brain! Wines had an accident. If he pushed too far while wakeboarding, then I agree he is reprehensible. But the club allowing players to have an off-field life within the bounds of reasonableness is a good thing IMO. But players obviously need to show balance and restraint, and to use that freedom wisely. Did Wines do that? I don't know.

Everyone in the media and here have a different opinion on the club allowing it. Fine! But yours is not just an opinion any more, it is a contestant attacking and putting down of everyone else with a different opinion to yours. Stop it man! It has now turned into a railing (not rallying) against the club. If you don't know what that means, then look it up!

It's frankly become tiresome! You have stated your views. Fine, we get it. But please, show some respect for other people's opinion and give it a break, for sanity's sake!

Last edited:

Keep talking. Your argument is superior.

You are allowing the crapness of Port in 2018 to addle your brain! Wines had an accident. If he pushed too far while wakeboarding, then I agree he is reprehensible. But the club allowing players to have an off-field life within the bounds of reasonableness is a good thing IMO. But players obviously need to show balance and restraint, and to use that freedom wisely. Did Wines do that? I don't know.

Everyone in the media and here have a different opinion on the club allowing it. Fine! But yours is not just an opinion any more, it is a contestant attacking and putting down of everyone else with a different opinion to yours. Stop it man! It has now turned into a railing (not rallying) against the club. If you don't know what that means, then look it up!

It's frankly become tiresome! You have stated your views. Fine, we get it. But please, show some respect for other people's opinion and give it a break, for sanity's sake!
Crapness of Port in 2018? Christ, if only that were it. One bad season only, and we might be forgiving of the occasional slip in professionalism.

Crapness of Port in 2018? Christ, if only that were it. One bad season only, and we might be forgiving of the occasional slip in professionalism.
Oh I don't disagree, there are a hell of a lot of things wrong over the last few years. I am just not getting hysterical over the wines indecent like some.

Honestly how much waterskiing have you done ?

Wakeboarding to the level Wines does is inherently dangerous which is why most professional sports people are baned from doing. Two of the most commen advanced wakeboarding are shoulder dislocations and ACL tears.

Would you all have the same attitude if it had been an ACL and he was out for the next 12 months ?

Inherently ( Google meaning ) misuse of word

Baned would be banned

Most professional sports ? Please detail .

Commen would be common and sentence makes no sense . If there's data behind what your trying to say please provide detail .

As "we all" don't have the same opinion on this now bit hard to answer more so with a hypothetical injury with hypothetical time out .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But are you wakeboarding to the level wines is ? Probably not. If you've been skiing for that long you'd understand there is a very big difference between low level social waterskiing and advanced tricks on a wakeboard. The two are not comparable.

So the two are not comparable after yourve scripted a paragraph doing just that ?

Don't you regret scripting "if there were more people on the board with my attitude we would be in a far better position " to me that appears the height of arrogance and dismissive of others . Are you really of the opinion that opinion voiced on Big Footy makes any difference to the club ? "a far better position " please !!!!

Ok to be fair, in the realm of preseason and off-field situations we've had to deal with in the last 3-4 years -
(Off the top of my head...)
Sam Pep's Wandering Hands
Paddy's Aussie Pizza Rumble
Jarman & AJ's Commodore Oh Bahn Parody
Paddy's Extreme Barefoot Achilles Chasedow
Jack Watts's Aquarium and Mammaries Exposition
peppered with the apparent racism of our fans and others I've forgotten -
this certainly doesn't deserve chronic melts;

But in the context of 1 final (_that_ final) in 4 years, a coach who's signature wasn't at all deserved, losing players we'd rather not, recruits under-delivering, no 2nd sponsor, a knobhead for a president, co-captains on the horizon, this just screams Vanilla louder than a spoilt brat 4 year old asking for ice cream in the Wendy's queue

Inherently ( Google meaning ) misuse of word

Baned would be banned

Most professional sports ? Please detail .

Commen would be common and sentence makes no sense . If there's data behind what your trying to say please provide detail .

As "we all" don't have the same opinion on this now bit hard to answer more so with a hypothetical injury with hypothetical time out .

It’s in their contracts that they can’t do it, and as hutchy said do that in America and you’d get cut the next day.

You can pick apart any auto corrections or spelling mistakes as much as you like, it makes no difference to the point I’m making.

So the two are not comparable after yourve scripted a paragraph doing just that ?

Don't you regret scripting "if there were more people on the board with my attitude we would be in a far better position " to me that appears the height of arrogance and dismissive of others . Are you really of the opinion that opinion voiced on Big Footy makes any difference to the club ? "a far better position " please !!!!

No. If there were more people with the attitude we have a good enough list and the list has been improved pretty much every year since 2014 yet we haven’t even gone close to looking like acheiveing what we everyone though we would. If there were more people with my attitude one the board, Ken wouldn’t have gotten a contract extension when he did, he would have been asked to explain exactly why we hadn’t played a final the two years prior ? we would have waited until it expired and he probably wouldn’t have gotten another one, certainly not at the money he is in and if IF he did it would have been 1 year max. If we had more people that wanted to be the best not happy with being average, not “of there always next hear” maybe we’d have a premiership or two since 2014

And they are comparable in the sense that you can compare the risk of injury playing non-contact AFL 9s with playing div 3 on a Sunday morning where the opposition donnithig other then wanting to smash people and down a few Woodstock cans before the game.

Just quietly if you think that’s “dismissive” you’d want to cop a look at how I was spoken to for calling out Hinkley/Voss back in 15/16, now there are heap of people doing just that.

It’s in their contracts that they can’t do it, and as hutchy said do that in America and you’d get cut the next day.

You can pick apart any auto corrections or spelling mistakes as much as you like, it makes no difference to the point I’m making.

No. If there were more people with the attitude we have a good enough list and the list has been improved pretty much every year since 2014 yet we haven’t even gone close to looking like acheiveing what we everyone though we would. If there were more people with my attitude one the board, Ken wouldn’t have gotten a contract extension when he did, he would have been asked to explain exactly why we hadn’t played a final the two years prior ? we would have waited until it expired and he probably wouldn’t have gotten another one, certainly not at the money he is in and if IF he did it would have been 1 year max. If we had more people that wanted to be the best not happy with being average, not “of there always next hear” maybe we’d have a premiership or two since 2014

And they are comparable in the sense that you can compare the risk of injury playing non-contact AFL 9s with playing div 3 on a Sunday morning where the opposition donnithig other then wanting to smash people and down a few Woodstock cans before the game.

Just quietly if you think that’s “dismissive” you’d want to cop a look at how I was spoken to for calling out Hinkley/Voss back in 15/16, now there are heap of people doing just that.

Barely in English again

Barely in English again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back