Wines: Just a poor man's Crouch

Remove this Banner Ad

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Good seeing Crouch in action...
seagull.jpg

WAG

The People's Captain
Mar 3, 2010
In the trenches.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good seeing Crouch in action...
herpderpseagullpic.jpg

Lulzapalooza. That's all you've got? :oops: You do realise he averages only 0.6 contested possessions less than Vinegar.

Disposals:
Crouch - 23.7
Vinegar - 19.3

Verdict: Wines is a poor man's Crouch.

Disposal Efficiency:
Crouch - 72.4%
Vinegar - 61.6%

Clangers:
Crouch - 1.7
Vinegar - 2.6

Marks:
Crouch - 4.5
Vinegar - 3.5

Clearances:
Crouch - 3.3
Vinegar - 2.8

Tackles:
Crouch - 4.4
Vinegar - 4.1

There you have it. Conclusive proof.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
You'd hope he'd be slightly ahead given his extra year in the system. Wingard is a fairer comparison given the relative ages and time in the system.

Let's see how Wines goes next year after his second AFL preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Not to mention the extra 10% of game time Crouch averages, but I guess with the extra preseason and year of training at AFL level his body is probably up to it.

Very astute player management from Burgess and the rest of the fitness team :thumbsu:

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Like Wingard he is sure to become another FIGJAM when the club does this kind of thing for a cash grab.

BTW how come Wingard did not stand up yesterday, Geelong at Kardinia Park not a big enough game for him?

"I would rather play my best against a tough team than against a weaker team.''

I guess we did beat Geelong this year, so he reckons we were a tougher team than Geelong.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America

Like Wingard he is sure to become another FIGJAM when the club does this kind of thing for a cash grab.

BTW how come Wingard did not stand up yesterday, Geelong at Kardinia Park not a big enough game for him?

"I would rather play my best against a tough team than against a weaker team.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...or-the-big-games/story-fni5f9de-1226689066645

I guess we did beat Geelong this year, so he reckons we were a tougher team than Geelong?

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Definitely more than this

The worst captain in the league and they hail him for leadership? :confused:

VB_framed.jpg

Go on the Crows board, they have savaged this man, their current captain. They hate him that much, they want to trade him to his home state of WA.

May 7, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
49érs, SF Giants, GS Warriors
Go on the Crows board, they have savaged this man, their current captain. They hate him that much, they want to trade him to his home state of WA.
Freo and West Coast would not even offer a set of steak knives for him. He is a hack of the highest order.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

Come and post in this thread when either of those players have a commemorative tshirt released for their 100th game. Wingard will never be a Dangerfield level FIGJAM.

Wingard has a bad game by his standards and still manages 21 possessions, 4 clearances and a goal, with a champion of the game in Corey Enright shadowing him for the day. Who did Crouch have on him today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back