Wines on Langdon

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Very lucky but then again Buddy's had at least a couple of these this year so I can't whinge.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
What difference does it make if Langdon got up. He left the ground, it was late, he chose to bump instead of tackle and it was to the head. Should be minimum 2 weeks. The MRP have lost the plot

It makes a massive difference in the grading of the charge.

but nice melt. :D

MJ_Dogs

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs, Man U, Habs, Patriots, Cubs
It makes a massive difference in the grading of the charge.

but nice melt. :D
Why? Some players break easier than others. It's absolute lunacy to assess based on injury to the victim. It's the action that counts most. Someone could do the exact same thing and if the victim gets concussion the player will be suspended 2 games. The way the MRP works does not discourage actions and behaviours. It's just farcical.

Power04Surge

Team Captain
Sep 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Why? Some players break easier than others. It's absolute lunacy to assess based on injury to the victim. It's the action that counts most. Someone could do the exact same thing and if the victim gets concussion the player will be suspended 2 games. The way the MRP works does not discourage actions and behaviours. It's just farcical.

Do you know what is farcical? That Redpath didn't get 3 ;)

MJ_Dogs

Club Legend
Oct 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Spurs, Man U, Habs, Patriots, Cubs
Do you know what is farcical? That Redpath didn't get 3 ;)
Redpath was silly. I expected 1 with 2 weeks because of his record. It sucks we're playin port this week because it dilutes my argument :-(

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I'm not sure what people are arguing was graded wrong.

They never grade them intentional if they are in the play like this, so careless is nailed on.

I guess there is an argument to be made for medium impact, but impact grading is trial by medical report and it always has been, so Langdon getting straight up with no ill effects made it pretty hard to grade medium there.

Johnny_Dogg4

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm not sure what people are arguing was graded wrong.

They never grade them intentional if they are in the play like this, so careless is nailed on.

I guess there is an argument to be made for medium impact, but impact grading is trial by medical report and it always has been, so Langdon getting straight up with no ill effects made it pretty hard to grade medium there.

Take off your bias glasses

tigernsw

Premiership Player
Jun 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Another baffling decision really, given some of the soft things players have been given weeks for.

But in truth I long for the days when we wouldn't even be talking about suspension for something like this and he just gets a free kick and 50m penalty.

ZingerB

Club Legend
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah I guess Mummy's hit was a whole lot worse than Wines, Eh?

Rubbish.

To me Mumford is the outlier. They were never going to keep to that standard otherwise people would be missing 2 weeks all over the place. I'd be pretty miffed if I was GWS though. The jump was really irrelevant. Do you think he intended to hit the guy in the head yes or no? If you don't want to give him the benefit of the doubt, no one gets it, like Cameron. To grade it medium impact (like Mumford's) would just be absurd.

Knock knock

Senior List
Aug 11, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
So much for this wanting to protect the head BS!!!

Absolute joke that he got away with that! Hawkins should take note and next time he is frustrated jump into the air and elbow someone in the head instead of barely touching them with a jumper punch.

Back