• Macrae

Votes: 151 64.0%
  • Wines

Votes: 85 36.0%

• Total voters
Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
the fact is i can backup every single thing i said and i could counter your entire post but what is the point when you ignore reason, its like arguing with a brick wall. i'll take my opinion somewhere else and ill leave you to your self rightious complete blue eyed bullshit. It's nice to know i can walk away from a conversation knowing i could make several points against the opposing view but at the end of the day i'd rather be the person who walks away knowing to themselves they are right than someone who refuses to listen to any of the opposing argument and is the majority of human beings that when an opposing person stops arguing as they see that person is too stupid to take a good hard look at themselves, they walk away. So continue thinking you are right but just know, its quite sad in the fact you are in 'that' group of people that cannot see that if people don't want to talk to them anymore its not because they are right (keep self-gratifying yourself) it's because they are so biased that they refuse to even listen to a reasonable opposing view.
Watch out he is a keyboard warrior... You are bound to be called a "stupid idiot" now

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
exactly right, realised where it was going and simply not worth it. One of those people that will go on for the rest of their lives thinking that by another person not wanting to have a debate with them is because they are right when its simply because the person isn't worth the time of day.

Wow just found out Macrae is 3rd out of all midfielders in the AFL for the lowest contested possessions to possessions ratio. Take Libba out of that side and i wonder how he would go, a lot easier to be the outlet handball with no tag and getting cheap uncontested possessions than it is to be the bull a.la. libba/wines.

What's your point? Macrae was drafted as a classy outside midfielder. If we needed another inside mid we'd have drafted Wines. By the same token how would Wines go if he had to play Macrae's role?

You need variety in the midfield, can't just play the same type of player. That's why we have Macrae and Bontempelli, to complement the Liberatore/Wallis types.

Last edited:

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
the fact is i can backup every single thing i said and i could counter your entire post but what is the point when you ignore reason, its like arguing with a brick wall. i'll take my opinion somewhere else and ill leave you to your self rightious complete blue eyed bullshit. It's nice to know i can walk away from a conversation knowing i could make several points against the opposing view but at the end of the day i'd rather be the person who walks away knowing to themselves they are right than someone who refuses to listen to any of the opposing argument and is the majority of human beings that when an opposing person stops arguing as they see that person is too stupid to take a good hard look at themselves, they walk away. So continue thinking you are right but just know, its quite sad in the fact you are in 'that' group of people that cannot see that if people don't want to talk to them anymore its not because they are right (keep self-gratifying yourself) it's because they are so biased that they refuse to even listen to a reasonable opposing view.
Backup? What did you backup? You used a contested/uncontested possession stat ratio before baselessly claiming all of Macrae's touches are cheapies and that only Bulldog Fans think he's classy. I'm not ignoring anything, you're just that stupid.
No it isnt, i used to argument of the poor uncontested ratio because guys like Dal Santo etc still find ways to earn their own ball UNLIKE macrae. The other part was just a simply fact, it is easy to be the CHEAP uncontested ball winner (which a lot of outside mid's are not).

The rest of the outside mids in the afl that are really good have significant characteristics such as line breaking ability, metres gained etc where as Macrae only has a thing called "class" which is completely subjective and only seems to be presented by Dogs viewers. I've watches every bulldogs game this year and this class is one simply sidestep he took in one game that was replayed heaps on footy shows, he rarely does anything other than get cheap touches. Bontempelli on the other hand has shown more in his last two matches that excemplify "class" than Macrae has done all season. Stupid little gimmicky thing. I'd rather a contested ball winner, match winner who shows more determination, two way running etc than a front running, cheap uncontested ball winning that provides "class" which is so subjective it isn't funny.
Come on, point out in your post where you're backing up your points. Prove the impossible: that you're not a complete idiot.

Hint: Saying you watch our games does not equal backing up your point.
Lol. Those bothering to argue with GrandBlue need only check out his form on the Soccer board. I would not bother.
The same board where half the users don't understand what the words 'overrated' or 'subjective' mean? Yeah, a true well of wisdom that lot is. You're as dumb as the rest of them no doubt.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watch out he is a keyboard warrior... You are bound to be called a "stupid idiot" now
Backup? What did you backup? You used a contested/uncontested possession stat ratio before baselessly claiming all of Macrae's touches are cheapies and that only Bulldog Fans think he's classy. I'm not ignoring anything, you're just that stupid.

Come on, point out in your post where you're backing up your points. Prove the impossible: that you're not a complete idiot.

The same board where half the users don't understand what overrated or subjective means? Yeah, a true well of wisdom that lot is. You're as dumb as the rest of them.
Saw it coming

Unable to have an intelligent argument without completely harassing the other person... Please grow up.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Seems the coach has a big problem with Macrae so I guess that ends the poll.

Fully agree. If you your OWN coach says you are lacking any defensive skills and doesn't think you are playing well then not sure how an amatuer viewers opinion can be better than someone who 100% knows the game and player.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Saw it coming
Who cares, I'm right, and you're no better. Want to spout idiocy? Expect to be called out for it.
Fully agree. If you your OWN coach says you are lacking any defensive skills and doesn't think you are playing well then not sure how an amatuer viewers opinion can be better than someone who 100% knows the game and player.
So you're suggesting any coach's opinion could settle all these polls? Brilliant, keep up the entertainment.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
CP/UP stat is meaningless.

Macrae averages 25.7 touches at 75% for 7.4 CP and lays 4.4 tackles a game, Wines 25.3 at 66% with 5.7 tackles a game. Macrae is a bit classier, Wines does a bit more on the inside. Different roles but not a huge amount seperating them. Wines not THAT far ahead. But nonetheless, he is, because he's been doing it since day dot.
Seems the coach has a big problem with Macrae so I guess that ends the poll.
Hardly. He pointed out that Macrae had deviated from team structures when asked why Macrae was the sub, answering a question honestly when asked.

Remarkable, your obvious dislike for the Bulldogs and the absolute crap that you come up with as a result.

The suggestion that McCartney has a problem with Macrae after honestly answering a question from a journalist is absolutely moronic. It's called accountability. I'd also suggest anyone suggesting this bothers to read what McCartney's said since.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Haha not even worth replying too, just chucked him on ignore and replying to people in this thread who actually want to have a REASONED argument.
Jeez, talk about desperation; completely cornered so you resort to the ignore button. Talk about being insecure about your e-penis.

Now that's trolling just as bad as what GB is.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Now that's trolling just as bad as what GB is.
and the stream continues. Only now he's as bad as I am? As if his previous posts weren't? and I'm the only one spouting s**t?

Well, that's another Bulldogs Supporter to the list of posters I've lost respect for. Sad.

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Who cares, I'm right, and you're no better. Want to spout idiocy? Expect to be called out for it.

So you're suggesting any coach's opinion could settle all these polls? Brilliant, keep up the entertainment.
You want to know why people are sick trying to have intelligent and logical arguments with you because you act like this

"I'm right, you're wrong La La I cant hear you" Abuse Abuse Abuse ABUSE

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
You want to know why people are sick trying to have intelligent and logical arguments with you because this is you

=

"I'm right, you're wrong La La I cant hear you" Abuse Abuse Abuse ABUSE
What're you on about? I addressed all his points, it's just that they were all stupid like yours and weren't backed up with anything save for a contested/uncontested possession ratio stat. He then proceeded to bury his head in the sand.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
If you want to have a rational discussion and don't think you're going to have it with GrandBlue, click ignore, move on and reply to someone who has posted something you consider rational instead of ignoring it to have an argument - or you're just as bad as you think he is.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If you want to have a rational discussion and don't think you're going to have it with him, click ignore, move on and reply to someone who has posted something you consider rational instead of ignoring it to have an argument - or you're just as bad as you think he is.
Oh wow, another Bulldog Supporter, and one I once thought was respectable too. What a bummer.

and the stream continues. Only now he's as bad as I am? As if his previous posts weren't? and I'm the only one spouting s**t?

Well, that's another Bulldogs Supporter to the list of posters I've lost respect for. Sad.

You are not the only one spouting s**t here but you are certainly being the bigger dick about it all. To have lost your respect cuts me to my core.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Oh wow, another Bulldog Supporter, and one I once thought was respectable too. What a bummer.
If you'd bothered to consider my post you'd realise I wasn't having a go at you, only at those that choose to mock you while doing the same thing.

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
You are not the only one spouting s**t here but you are certainly being the bigger dick about it all. To have lost your respect cuts me to my core.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, come back when you're prepared to examine today's shitfest objectively and find out where it started.

If you'd bothered to consider my post you'd realise I wasn't having a go at you, only at those that choose to mock you while doing the same thing.
If you want to have a rational discussion and don't think you're going to have it with GrandBlue, click ignore, move on and reply to someone who has posted something you consider rational instead of ignoring it to have an argument - or you're just as bad as you think he is.
um, ouch.

Back