Wines v Macrae

Who is the better player currently?

• Macrae

Votes: 151 64.0%
  • Wines

Votes: 85 36.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. So early to call it. Wines has been better so far, but its 39 games vs 28 games. To be honest I think Ollie might end up the better player, he is an absolute beast. But they will both have great careers going by what they have produced so far, and I'm very happy with Macrae. I actually think Bontempelli will end up better than both by a fair way, he has the potential to be something very very special.

um, ouch.
I'll quote it and put an extra word in:

If you want to have a rational discussion and you don't think you're going to have it with GrandBlue
He's talking in the 2nd person. As in "If person A wants to have a rational discussion and person A doesn't think they will have a rational discussion with person B, then they should ignore person A."

He wasn't having a go at you mate.

I wonder if Wines will ever have a 43 disposal 2 goal game in his whole career.

Puts the idiotic "criticized by the coach" argument to bed; was always just a simple old kick up the arse.

I wonder if Wines will ever have a 43 disposal 2 goal game in his whole career.

Puts the idiotic "criticized by the coach" argument to bed; was always just a simple old kick up the arse.

Does he need to? Saw his final last season and was far better than McRaes game today. Not saying either is better than the other but stats only count for so much.

Does he need to? Saw his final last season and was far better than McRaes game today. Not saying either is better than the other but stats only count for so much.

You seem very bitter towards the dogs, I'd be pretty bitter too i suppose if the only half decent kid coming through our list was Billings :p. Hopefully you can draft someone half as good as Macrae with your #1 pick this year.

Macrae > Wines.

Last edited:
You seem very bitter towards the dogs, I'd be pretty bitter too i suppose if the only half decent kid coming through our list was Billings :p. Hopefully you draft well with your #1 pick.

No I just don't post pump up posts after every good game they have .

You seem very bitter towards the dogs, I'd be pretty bitter too i suppose if the only half decent kid coming through our list was Billings :p. Hopefully you can draft someone half as good as Macrae with your #1 pick this year.

Macrae > Wines.
Well you just showed how much credibility you have: Billings, Dunstan, Templeton, Longer and Acres,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can his game be "far" better than a 43 touch 2 game dominant display.

It was a final played under extreme pressure no easy ball and crucial goals. Don't think it's hard to work that out.

Last edited:
It was a final played under extreme pressure no easy ball and crucial goals. Don't think it's hard to work that out.

Right so because Jackson Macrae is an elite gut runner who spreads better than anyone in his age group he gets "easy ball". So many people underrate the skill that is an ability to gut run and push through when others drop off...that ball isn't as easy to get as you would expect.

Final or not 43 touches and 2 goals is easily equal to any game Wines has played. Wines played a great final but you are giving very little credit to a great performance.

Right so because Jackson Macrae is an elite gut runner who spreads better than anyone in his age group he gets "easy ball". So many people underrate the skill that is an ability to gut run and push through when others drop off...that ball isn't as easy to get as you would expect.

Final or not 43 touches and 2 goals is easily equal to any game Wines has played. Wines played a great final but you are giving very little credit to a great performance.

Where did I say Macrae gets easy ball? I posted its a final and there's no easy ball. If you believe a player would be allowed as much freedom as Macrae was against GC you need to give up.

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with amcre. 43 and 2 goals is a phenomenal effort, no matter how they are won.
I won't say it is any better or worse than Wines, but I don't think they need comparing either. Both Wines and Macrae should play a fair bit of finals footy before the end of their careers.

Where did I say Macrae gets easy ball? I posted its a final and there's no easy ball. If you believe a player would be allowed as much freedom as Macrae was against GC you need to give up.

I misinterpreted your comment regarding the easy ball.

Macrae was given space but Shaw went to him in the last with fresh legs and couldn't get near him. Will be the elite gut running class mid of the comp within 3 years imo. Would take him over Wines (who I rate highly) as I think his kicking/gut running is top level and he can win inside ball also.

Wow a 20 year old has a game where gets 43 disposals and 2 goals and apparently that's not a good game . Wow haha whatever you say

My favourite inside player and favourite outside player in the comp.

Good on Macrae for backing up McCartney's odd criticism with a whopper of a game, and not going into his shell and focussing on some bullshit tackle metric like a lesser player mjght.

Wow a 20 year old has a game where gets 43 disposals and 2 goals and apparently that's not a good game . Wow haha whatever you say
A 20 year old? That's a good game no matter how old you are.

I reckon Macrae will end up the more influential player. Sounds strange but I'd say he has more potential to be a stand out mid giving WB's depth compared to Port's.

Wines is playing in a team with all cylinders firing - I think he's a little overrated at this stage imo.

Back