Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

About an hour actually

images

All this talk of the royal, and a chat with another guernsey collector, has reminded to post a pic that I was meant to a few weeks back. It compares the 2015 wings, to the 2016, and I know I'm starting a war here but...................I like the 2015 better:eek::eek: I know, I know, the cut off wings on the side, the covered wing tips on the back, the small size of the wings etc. but the current Eagles head is too small, and gets lost in the jumper when it bunches up on the players, and on TV you sometimes can't even see it. It's like those terrible mockups people did of a wings jumper with just the wings, and no head at all.

The wings should be half way between last years, and this years, and the head should be closer to the 2015 size. Anyway, have at it!!!!
IMG_3793.JPG

All this talk of the royal, and a chat with another guernsey collector, has reminded to post a pic that I was meant to a few weeks back. It compares the 2015 wings, to the 2016, and I know I'm starting a war here but...................I like the 2015 better:eek::eek: I know, I know, the cut off wings on the side, the covered wing tips on the back, the small size of the wings etc. but the current Eagles head is too small, and gets lost in the jumper when it bunches up on the players, and on TV you sometimes can't even see it. It's like those terrible mockups people did of a wings jumper with just the wings, and no head at all.

The wings should be half way between last years, and this years, and the head should be closer to the 2015 size. Anyway, have at it!!!!
View attachment 267438
You're 100% delusional and wrong.

The head on last years jumper looks comically bad in comparison to this years. It's bewildering how it managed to creep in size like that without more people noticing. As for the wings, why even have them on the 2015? They look like a bra or a botched attempt at filling in a yoke across the top of the jumper.

Last years is a perfect example of template over design. This years is the reversal, and although I agree the head of the eagle can get lost at times, it's as good as we can get it without a new logo.

Current away wings are in my top 2 with the 92 set.

You're 100% delusional and wrong.

The head on last years jumper looks comically bad in comparison to this years. It's bewildering how it managed to creep in size like that without more people noticing. As for the wings, why even have them on the 2015? They look like a bra or a botched attempt at filling in a yoke across the top of the jumper.

Last years is a perfect example of template over design. This years is the reversal, and although I agree the head of the eagle can get lost at times, it's as good as we can get it without a new logo.

Current away wings are in my top 2 with the 92 set.

Haha, cheers:D

I think a mix between the 2 would be better, wings slightly bigger than 2015, and slightly smaller than 2016, same with the eagle head. It does however show that the club listened to people suggestions when telling that the wings needed to bigger, and they shouldn't but cut due to the side panel. The 2016 just doesn't quite look right to me. Maybe my mind will change if it has a GF logo on it in a few weeks!

Haha, cheers:D

I think a mix between the 2 would be better, wings slightly bigger than 2015, and slightly smaller than 2016, same with the eagle head. It does however show that the club listened to people suggestions when telling that the wings needed to bigger, and they shouldn't but cut due to the side panel. The 2016 just doesn't quite look right to me. Maybe my mind will change if it has a GF logo on it in a few weeks!
Your jumper comparison also looks like it's between two smaller cut PI jumpers, which IMO better suits last years design. Where as the smaller wings look down right ridiculous on a guy like Darling or Kennedy.

Your jumper comparison also looks like it's between two smaller cut PI jumpers, which IMO better suits last years design. Where as the smaller wings look down right ridiculous on a guy like Darling or Kennedy.

Both are JK XLs, exact same size Guernsey. The 2016s are a tiny bit more narrow across the chest, but pretty much exactly the same. The smaller sizes the afl and BankWest logo pretty much touch, which looks terrible, but sponsor sizes is another argument for another day.

Both are JK XLs, exact same size Guernsey. The 2016s are a tiny bit more narrow across the chest, but pretty much exactly the same. The smaller sizes the afl and BankWest logo pretty much touch, which looks terrible, but sponsor sizes is another argument for another day.
s**t really? They look tiny!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if you look at the new wings in the context of ‘retro’ and ‘heritage’ (which this year is all about for WCE) then I think they’ve hit the nail on the head. When you compare the current wings to the classic early 90s style (basically the quintessential WCE guernsey) they’ve really brought it back to that classic look whilst maintaining a modern edge.

You’ll also see the size of the wings back in the 90s was massive – so they’ve pared back the current wings. As Kirk Lazarus (kind of) says: “never go full re…tro”.

140829.jpg
456072.jpg

I actually prefer the current wing size over the retro wing size. They're both awesome, but the new ones just look more streamlined.

Also, it looks like they fixed the wing seam line-up on the large guernseys.

I think if you look at the new wings in the context of ‘retro’ and ‘heritage’ (which this year is all about for WCE) then I think they’ve hit the nail on the head. When you compare the current wings to the classic early 90s style (basically the quintessential WCE guernsey) they’ve really brought it back to that classic look whilst maintaining a modern edge.

You’ll also see the size of the wings back in the 90s was massive – so they’ve pared back the current wings. As Kirk Lazarus (kind of) says: “never go full re…tro”.

140829.jpg
456072.jpg

You're right, the wings are pretty close to the original, and the more I look at them next to each other, like this, the better the 2016's look. I think the unbalanced eagle head is what helps it get lost when watching on tv. In still pics it's fine. It was always going to be hard to fit the eagle head with the bigger wings, but I still think it's a little too small.

Let's just go back to the old eagles head, and we're all happy:D

Has anyone communicated with the club re Peril clash option for next year recently? I haven't seen anything about it, afraid it might get not happen if we don't keep pushing for it.
Fivestring would but it seems the club ignores all his tweets.

Sounds good! Hell, I won't mind shouting every one on this board a *bill brownless* frothyyy when they announce that those glorious wings are coming back and we get a peril clash ;)
Have you paid up on this yet?

View attachment 267438

The current logo is junk, if the club ever decide to return our heritage bird the new strip will be complete.

The current logo is junk, if the club ever decide to return our heritage bird the new strip will be complete.
Whenever I see stills where the beak is the only visible part of the logo due to the angle of the photo, it gives the impression that the whole logo is gold and makes the new wings look even more sweet. #fixthelogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back