Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
would LOVE to see the peril with the royal shorts.
We often seem to wear the Peril against Richmond (as a nod to our inaugural game)
So perhaps we'll see it in round 9
I would prefer to see us in full royal though

May 1, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Continued from Part 1.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...ngs-returned-peril-returned-job-done.1022052/

OP retained from Part 1:

A few (read most) of us have had enough of that tripanel thing and the tablecloth with an Eagle on it. Both do not identify with the basis of the club and were more than likely the lovechild of some marketing guru back in 1999.

In short, we want to do something to try and make this known to the club. We've tried a facebook group but I think we need to take it one step further. Ultimately, the prospects of success are low, but it beats sitting back and doing nothing.

It would certainly bring the meaning back to 'having pride in the jumper'. This thread isn't a discussion about which guernsey is better, it is for legitimate discussion on how best to get this message through to the club and how we can achieve that. I think most Eagles supporters would love to see the guys running around in that famous jumper each and every week.

E92_ will be along shortly with that graphic (as I'm too lazy to link it). For now, though, here is a draft letter that could be a basis for some united communication - linky!
Cheers!
QS

Official West Coast Eagles Website Poll (image courtesy of the official site) VOTE RESULTS! THE CLASSIC 92/94 PREMIERSHIP GUERNSEY IS VICTORIOUS!
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2013-09-02/the-people-have-spoken
guernseygraphicfinal.jpeg

lmach designs
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/posts/35366890/

Petition:

http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...t-rid-of-the-current-home-and-clash-guernseys

Twitter Account:
http://twitter.com/ReturnTheWings
#returnthewings

2015 - Navy wings returned (Home)
2016 - Yellow peril wings returned (Clash)
2017 - New logo, navy wings dumped, royal wings main guernsey, yellow peril wings as clash

To avoid confusion: This thread has become very popular and has been moved to the next Part!
All Awesome

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
IMG_0724 (2).jpg

Managed to snag the last one of these! Club was sold out and said no more were being made. AFL store site have been out of stock for months, and by chance last Monday I just happened to check it again, and there was 1 avaiable, in the exact size I was after. Now it says out of stock again. Random that 1 popped up but lucky to be on there around the time it did.

Aug 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, Gladbach, Kyoto Sanga
View attachment 490999

Managed to snag the last one of these! Club was sold out and said no more were being made. AFL store site have been out of stock for months, and by chance last Monday I just happened to check it again, and there was 1 avaiable, in the exact size I was after. Now it says out of stock again. Random that 1 popped up but lucky to be on there around the time it did.
Well played, wish I nabbed one.

redglare

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast
The home/away kit is wonderful. The clash guernsey makes me seethe in anger that the head is yellow and not blue like the wings. I throw things when I see it.

I agree entirely. They must have some type of branding philosophy/requirement that the eagle head must always be yellow. Even the yellow hats they gave out to members have the yellow head with blue outline.

I will wait before buying the new yellow peril, as I am convinced they will eventually go with a solid blue head.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I agree entirely. They must have some type of branding philosophy/requirement that the eagle head must always be yellow. Even the yellow hats they gave out to members have the yellow head with blue outline.

I will wait before buying the new yellow peril, as I am convinced they will eventually go with a solid blue head.
Hopefully they do.

You are right about the branding. It's not like the original logo that was interchangeable between blue, gold, or a mix of the two. This time around they are saying that the logo is only ever gold. Shame I reckon.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
That's what makes me shake my head so much - they're designing a new logo from scratch, they know they want a guernsey set-up that has a clash being an inverse of the main guernsey - why not make it part of the brief that the logo can work in both gold and blue? You are literally designing it. Design it to work well.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
That's what makes me shake my head so much - they're designing a new logo from scratch, they know they want a guernsey set-up that has a clash being an inverse of the main guernsey - why not make it part of the brief that the logo can work in both gold and blue? You are literally designing it. Design it to work well.
I'm more than fine with the logo only being used in gold. The OG logo was only used in royal on the guernsey, but if it was full royal anywhere else would look strange

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Only major issues are the numbers sometimes (Lycett, Darling, Waterman etc) and sometimes the shade of blue on the royal stuff. The royal polo shirts also look really cheap and I hope that changes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back