Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE! - Pt.2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t mind it. Lots of teams have massive logos. It sucks but it’s just one of those things you have to cop with commercial sports

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah look I’m being pretty picky and negative about it, but I don’t get the retro calls?? Yeah it was on the back of our guernseys for mane years in the 2000s, but it’s always been the bun on the front, since the real retro days of the early 90s and all the way through. It just looks out of place on the front. I’ll het used to it, but for now I hate it and want it to burn.

HoneyBadger35

Friends, Family, Flex
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah look I’m being pretty picky and negative about it, but I don’t get the retro calls?? Yeah it was on the back of our guernseys for mane years in the 2000s, but it’s always been the bun on the front, since the real retro days of the early 90s and all the way through. It just looks out of place on the front. I’ll het used to it, but for now I hate it and want it to burn.
Can’t speak for anyone else but when I say it looks retro I don’t mean like an old Eagles jersey, I mean the simple typeface in a white box is a very retro style of jumper branding across loads of sports.

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
IMO the text-only logo looks more iconic to me than the 2018 iteration of the bun-in-red-box.

It’s the HJs typeface that is iconic IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
As much as I like the wingtips, blank back just makes it look like a best n less knock off. Plus the shitty ironed on premiers AFL logo. I’d be waiting for April to get the real deal. But then I am a fussy prick when it comes to footy jumpers!!

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I will say, at least on the real ones the HJs logo is slightly more to the right than in the team store image. Still could be over a little more but doesn’t look a strange bad as the picture

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I was told that there’s no guarantee that the polos will be be updated with Lendi this year. They confirmed the jumpers would be ready in April, but couldn’t confirm the polos would be done at all.

DanWCE

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
I was told that there’s no guarantee that the polos will be be updated with Lendi this year. They confirmed the jumpers would be ready in April, but couldn’t confirm the polos would be done at all.
Cheers mate. I might put my store credit towards a premiership guernsey then. The quality of the polos is what concerned me. And they didn't look as good as last year's

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I got last years one late in the season and the quality is actually pretty good. I’ve seen these new ones in the AFL store and they seem noticeably different, from a quality POV. I’d wait until next year maybe when they’ve got Lendi on there.

Top Bottom