Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE! - Pt.2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TY24

Mitch Marsh Enthusiast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Lakers. RBHRT
Sh*ts me that the design of our jumper never takes precedence over the apparel logo. How WIDE is the 'wing gap' at the collar FFS.
Agree, would’ve been nice to see the Cotton On logo up on the shoulder like the WAFL jumpers so the wings can be designed properly.

Overall it’s a small issue really. For a first jumper it’s pretty good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thomas2

Premium Gold
AFL Club
West Coast
The AFLW kit looks cool, royal blue is mint.

I hate the numbers on the AFLW jumpers though, looks so cheap.

I look back at games where we are wearing the table cloth and want to vomit. The changes made to it in 2007 actually made it worse. Even the royal with white outlines, whyyyy. So glad the club actually listened to the fans for a change.

Last edited:

FKASC

Account Deleted
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 669888

Girls wings look alright on the back, much less offensive than they were on the female academy ISC jumpers. Much nicer cut than the ISC gear too

Our girls will look the goods next year.

Looks good. Just wish the wings started at the top of the shoulder not halfway down the chest

FXD_

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
The AFLW kit looks cool, royal blue is mint.

I hate the numbers on the AFLW jumpers though, looks so cheap.

I look back at games where we are wearing the table cloth and want to vomit. The changes made to it in 2007 actually made it worse. Even the royal with white outlines, whyyyy. So glad the club actually listened to the fans for a change.
The white clash was first worn in 2010. Do you mean the tri-panel? The change in 2007 to the home was to bring it in line with the away, which made sense but I agree it made for a worse guernsey design.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
That said i'd be pissed if i was Lendi. It's not often our players are on the big victorian show.
Maybe SGIO realised they made a huge mistake leaving, so they paid Gaffy to wear last years polo, so Lendi would spew, pull out of the deal, and SGIO would swoop in and be the hero we always deserved. I can dream :'(

AFL Club
West Coast
Wearing the new Indigenous this week v Melbourne for the 'Waalitj Dreaming Game'.

Given AFL gave permission I assume this would mean we have used our special edition guernsey allowance for the year on this game . Who knows.

Seems gone are the glory days where we wore a special edition jumper, plus indigenous during the season.

Luuuc

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Wearing the new Indigenous this week v Melbourne for the 'Waalitj Dreaming Game'.

Given AFL gave permission I assume this would mean we have used our special edition guernsey allowance for the year on this game . Who knows.

Seems gone are the glory days where we wore a special edition jumper, plus indigenous during the season.
I'm good with it. This year's indigenous guernsey is litj

TY24

Mitch Marsh Enthusiast
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Lakers. RBHRT

You’re allowed two per season outside Indigenous round aren’t you? We wore our Indigenous jumper twice in 2017 as well as our Farewell Subi jumper.

Top Bottom