Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE! - Pt.2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
AFL Club
West Coast
I love the indigenous jumper but stupid move by the club to make it royal this week. I can't really think of any other instances where a club hasn't worn a special jumper for indigenous round. A peril one would have looked elite against the Crows. We also use the indigenous jumper a couple times a season and it would have been awesome to see a peril jumper worn with royal shorts at home.

Huge opportunity missed my the club IMO.

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
AFL Club
West Coast
I love the indigenous jumper but stupid move by the club to make it royal this week. I can't really think of any other instances where a club hasn't worn a special jumper for indigenous round. A peril one would have looked elite against the Crows. We also use the indigenous jumper a couple times a season and it would have been awesome to see a peril jumper worn with royal shorts at home.

Indigenous round is over two rounds this season, therefore it's likely been designed in our main colours, rather than an alternative clash. It just happened Adelaide has a busy design, that clashes with ours.

We had prime time viewing wearing it a week early too, and we likely wear it another 1-2 times at home as well.

avishka5

150 game legend.
AFL Club
West Coast
Indigenous round is over two rounds this season, therefore it's likely been designed in our main colours, rather than an alternative clash. It just happened Adelaide has a busy design, that clashes with ours.

We had prime time viewing wearing it a week early too, and we likely wear it another 1-2 times at home as well.
Oh that makes sense. I had no idea they changed it to 2 rounds.

I would like us to change the colours up a bit every year or so.

TY24

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats

A simple inverse of royal feathers on a gold background would've looked elite

MKMatty

Mad Kampaigner
AFL Club
West Coast

We’ve also always worn Royal against Adelaide. So it isn’t the clubs fault, it’s the busy nature of Adelaides strip that prevents us wearing ours this week.

oak79

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Wouldn't have been hard for the artists to be in contact and agree upon designs that would have allowed us to wear it during this week also.
Freo have 2 versions - purple and white. We could of had a yellow version too.

But I also dont have a big issue with it since its over 2 rounds. We will wear it again against the Dogs (who won't wear their's cause it clashes :p )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

avishka5

150 game legend.
AFL Club
West Coast
I foresee us wearing peril away to the crows forevermore
Our royal doesn’t clash with their home jumper. In fact the peril is more likely to clash with the crows.

That said I’d like to see us wear the peril more often. It’s one of the only clash kits in the comp that could make it as a genuine home kit.

MWPP

Magical Eagle
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
I foresee us wearing peril away to the crows forevermore
Our royal doesn’t clash with their home jumper. In fact the peril is more likely to clash with the crows.

That said I’d like to see us wear the peril more often. It’s one of the only clash kits in the comp that could make it as a genuine home kit.
This may be an unpopular opinion but I like the concept of our peril wings more than the execution. I’m just not sold on the outlined logo :( . I wish we had opted for our retro logo on the peril - so that our clash jumper doubled as a heritage .

avishka5

150 game legend.
AFL Club
West Coast
This may be an unpopular opinion but I like the concept of our peril wings more than the execution. I’m just not sold on the outlined logo :( . I wish we had opted for our retro logo on the peril - so that our clash jumper doubled as a heritage .
I agree. They got that wrong imo.

They should make it the retro head and have est 1987 on the back.

We should also wear it once a year at home with royal shorts.

Top Bottom