Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE! - Pt.2

MWPP

Magical Eagle
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
I agree. They got that wrong imo.

They should make it the retro head and have est 1987 on the back.

We should also wear it once a year at home with royal shorts.
Yep , couldn’t have put it better myself

Also I don’t like rubbery white shorts at the best of times but the combination of white shorts and outlined logo gives the outfit a washed out appearance :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2015
Te Fiti
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m just not sold on the outlined logo :( . I wish we had opted for our retro logo on the peril - so that our clash jumper doubled as a heritage .

Agree with all of this. Or at least just make the new logo a solid blue.

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2015
Te Fiti
AFL Club
West Coast
Yep , couldn’t have put it better myself

Also I don’t like rubbery white shorts at the best of times but the combination of white shorts and outlined logo gives the outfit a washed out appearance :(
Gold shorts!

oak79

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Agree with all of this. Or at least just make the new logo a solid blue.
Yep prefer theyd tweak the new logo to work as blue - love the classic logo, but don't think it should be used as part of a regular clash jumper.

TY24

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Mar 21, 2017
6056 gang gang
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
I'd love the logo to be blue as well but it just doesn't work. Freight Train tried a few mockups before the logo was even officially released and none of them looked quite right compared to just outlining it.

I've toyed around with the logo to try and invert it somehow as well, I can't find a way to invert it that looks better than the outline.

flamingEMBERS

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

it would be Est 1986. But no, I hate those dates/logos/lettering above numbers.

Also the gold guernsey looked much better against Adelaide than the Royal would have

FXD_

Club Legend
May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd love the logo to be blue as well but it just doesn't work. Freight Train tried a few mockups before the logo was even officially released and none of them looked quite right compared to just outlining it.

I've toyed around with the logo to try and invert it somehow as well, I can't find a way to invert it that looks better than the outline.
It looks good enough for what it needs to be - that is the head needs to be solid blue like the wings. The inverted blue head is a better outcome than the outline, because the yellow guernsey needs to have wings and head the same colour to be a true inversion of the home/away guernsey. The logo doesn’t need to work 100% on the clash.

TY24

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Mar 21, 2017
6056 gang gang
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Glory, Wildcats
It looks good enough for what it needs to be - that is the head needs to be solid blue like the wings. The inverted blue head is a better outcome than the outline, because the yellow guernsey needs to have wings and head the same colour to be a true inversion of the home/away guernsey. The logo doesn’t need to work 100% on the clash.
Looking back on it I’m not as against it as I was at first. You make a good point about it not needing to 100% work, but I’m not that bothered either way.

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2015
Te Fiti
AFL Club
West Coast
Like FXD says, it doesn't need to 'work'. The finer detail is not going to be noticed in the middle of a game of footy.

A straight inversion of the logo would give a better overall look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MWPP

Magical Eagle
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Scorchers, Black Caps
View attachment 681522

I actually don't mind it now that I'm revisiting it.
Yeah I prefer it to the current version, but as I said earlier, I would prefer the a retro heritage clash :)
I think the above could be improved further by just making the pupil larger, and perhaps the 2 feathers in the neck region a bit bigger too.

oak79

Club Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Really like this version, especially with the premiership logo. Can you send it to the club as an idea for next year (premiers logo included)? ;)
The eye should be blue with white - like normal logo - but with yellow outline to separate it from the rest of the head.

Needs one more change #bringbackthebun

MIKE85

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m hoping the fact they went with the bun for the Indigenous jumper is a sign that the buns will return for 2020. This years ones would’ve been mocked up last year, so youd think that if they’re were planning to continue with the text next year, then anything produced this season would also have it on there. I still haven’t got used to it, and it just looks trash evertime I see it

Chappy McChap

Debutant
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m hoping the fact they went with the bun for the Indigenous jumper is a sign that the buns will return for 2020. This years ones would’ve been mocked up last year, so youd think that if they’re were planning to continue with the text next year, then anything produced this season would also have it on there. I still haven’t got used to it, and it just looks trash evertime I see it
I thought the same thing a few weeks ago, until someone pointed out correctly that the text box would just look lost on the busy design. I think the 'return of the buns' might be just a one-off :-(

E92_

Aug 10, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
I think the more plausible explanation is that when the artist was given the template it still had a space for the Buns logo instead of the text box.

Top Bottom