Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wore it once against them in 2017 and my suspicion is that the club chose to wear it after we just brought in peril in that off season.
Yeh it was just one H/A game, not two - and I agree it was to introduce the new jumper. Kinda make sense since we wore it in our first game v Tigers in 1987.

I'm pretty sure we would have been in Royal against them in the grand final. If the jumpers don't clash in Perth, they don't clash in Melbourne.

Hungry Jacks are listed first out of HJ's and lendi on the website now.
In the past SGiO have always been listed first.

Does this mean we'll be seeing HJ's on the front of the guernsey as the home sponsor next year?

Personally, I hope so.

Does this mean we'll be seeing HJ's on the front of the guernsey as the home sponsor next year?

Personally, I hope so.
496518_98588340d27693a33ea8cf8eb9693424.gif

Personally, I hope so.

I mentioned it a few weeks back, when Lendi were announced as sponsors. Why would they do a mock up of just their logo on the back of the guernsey?? Surely if you paid all that money, and in fact you were going to be on the front of the guernsey, you’d be showing off the front!

It also makes sense financially for the club. This season would be the first in almost 10 years that we only had 2 guernseys for sale to the public. It was always, home, away, clash. This year we went with just home and clash. I don’t reckon it would’ve had much effect on retail sales, as most people would only buy one anyway, so having 2 to chose from instead of 3 probably makes no difference, and most people would just choose the home anyway.

But the club would still have to order 3 sets of player issues. If they go to HJs front, Lendi back across the board, then they only need to have 2 sets of player issues, saving them money, while not effecting the retail sales, as we’ve just had a whole year of only selling 2 retail versions, which most likely did fine from a sales point of view.

Plus with sGIO gone, they could renegotiate the sponsorship deals with HJs and just say to Lendi, if you want in, fine, but it’s only on the back.

Time will tell I guess, but it makes sense financially to just have the 2 jumpers instead of 3.

Finally got my new era premiers 2018 cap today. Never had a 9forty before. Chucked it on, looked in the mirror and I look like damn Scotty Smalls from The Sandlot.

9E6929BE-9DA5-44CA-9498-9446D1EDCC5C.jpeg

Usually the bent brim caps (or dad hat as the kids like to call them now) don’t fit my dome, this ones a nice fit though. Just a shame about the brim on it. Hopefully they’ll make some 9Fiftys. Or AFL partner with Mitchell & Ness (won’t happen) who make better fitting caps.

does anyone know the font the eagles use on their press insta posts and stuff like the picture we just posted with brooksby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The burgers white boxes with red text are better at Hungry Jack's

New 2019 home guernsey

WC19JSY01M-FRONT__978224356.jpg

The burgers white boxes with red text are better at Hungry Jack's

New 2019 home guernsey

WC19JSY01M-FRONT__978224356.jpg
That looks terrible - the Burger sits nicely on the wing.

The lack of gold logo is disturbing. Was brought in the year after our last premiership (2007 cats were first to have it) - maybe they scrapped to ensure we don't get it, making 2017 Tigers the last :p /conspiracytheories

Nah we’ll get it. I’ll wait until I see something on the eagles team store site before I believe it.

Also seems strange to use the burger on all other merch except the jumpers?? If they’re worried about not being able to see it, why use it on official merch likes the polos and training gear which will be viewed on TV also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back