Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Nah we’ll get it. I’ll wait until I see something on the eagles team store site before I believe it.

Also seems strange to use the burger on all other merch except the jumpers?? If they’re worried about not being able to see it, why use it on official merch likes the polos and training gear which will be viewed on TV also?

I’d be extremely surprised if the HJs burger logo wasn’t on the front of the jumper.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe they’re in the process of changing their logo so this is just a placeholder

Heard they’re removing Olde English cheese from their burgers too. campaigners

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Maybe they’re in the process of changing their logo so this is just a placeholder

Heard they’re removing Olde English cheese from their burgers too. campaigners

I doubt it, because the 2019 gear has all been produced with the burger logo.

Honestly I think it’s just a 5 minute job from ISC where they’ve chucked a wordmark over the existing SGIO logo because they couldn’t be arsed making a new mock-up. That would explain the lack of gold premiers logo as well.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast

Honestly I think it’s just a 5 minute job from ISC where they’ve chucked a wordmark over the existing SGIO logo because they couldn’t be arsed making a new mock-up. That would explain the lack of gold premiers logo as well.

Prepare to be extremely surprised.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Most of the guernseys ISC produce look like a 5 minute job... this being true and nobody even realising there should be a gold logo on it would not surprise me in the least!

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
who’s got the skills to overlay an ISC image of our 2018 home guernsey, with this HJs mock up one?? I’d guess that the white box covers the old SGIO exactly, whereas the burger logo wouldn’t. This is why I’m still holding out hope that it’ll be the burger and not the text box

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
who’s got the skills to overlay an ISC image of our 2018 home guernsey, with this HJs mock up one?? I’d guess that the white box covers the old SGIO exactly, whereas the burger logo wouldn’t. This is why I’m still holding out hope that it’ll be the burger and not the text box

It's new artwork. The AFL logo is in a different position, and the top of the SGIO oval would protrude above the overlaid HJ box. Get a ruler and line it up with the top of the SGIO logo and see how much space there is to the bottom of the ISC logo.

Also the eagle head is bigger on 2019.

WC18JSY01M-WEST_COAST_EAGLES_2018_ON_FIELD_GUERNSEY_-_FRONT.jpg
WC19JSY01M-FRONT__978224356.jpg

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I can't fathom that that is how HJ's would want their logo to be displayed.

I don't have any theories as to how it happened, but the HJ's box surely won't end up on the 2019 guernseys. (That's just my guess, we will find out in the fullness of time)

May 14, 2011
And I'm feeling so boohemian like you.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Brisbane Lions,
Hungry Jack's wordmark a lot more legible and easier to read/recall than the burger.

It's a complete departure from HJ's branding. The burger logo is instantly recognisable, even with the less legible text. I can't recall seeing an advertisement without it (billboard/bus stops/print etc).

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The only way it makes sense to change is if the homes now have HJ's front and back with burger at the back and the aways have Lendi front and back...

Strange to change now given the burger sat alongside the new lendi logo during the draft. That being said the club is not as anal about this sort of stuff as we are

IMG_9266.JPG

Fox Footy currently showing us v Essendon 2013. Those jumpers look seriously terrible. The colours get washed out, and they just flat out don't work. Especially when you look at what we now wear.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a complete departure from HJ's branding. The burger logo is instantly recognisable, even with the less legible text. I can't recall seeing an advertisement without it (billboard/bus stops/print etc).

I wouldn't say complete departure, it's just a part of the logo isolated and enlarged. Was also used on the back of guernseys from 2003 to 2011.

I'd prefer the burger on the front, but this is what HJs were working with trying to get some name recall from that logo:

BITM8YA.jpg

dBcE7IW.jpg

VgBtukd.jpg

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I think it’ll be less offensive the more we see it. It’s just a strange choice to go from the logo to the words. I actually quite liked the red box after a while after hating it at first, so will probably be the same with this

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
It's new artwork. The AFL logo is in a different position, and the top of the SGIO oval would protrude above the overlaid HJ box. Get a ruler and line it up with the top of the SGIO logo and see how much space there is to the bottom of the ISC logo.

Also the eagle head is bigger on 2019.

WC18JSY01M-WEST_COAST_EAGLES_2018_ON_FIELD_GUERNSEY_-_FRONT.jpg
WC19JSY01M-FRONT__978224356.jpg

The HJs wordmark looks fine lol, got a bit of a retro feel to it. The only injustice is the lack of gold logo so far. Also going by the two jumpers side by side it looks like next year's blue could be a little darker?

The 2018 mock up looks like a more accurate representation of what the boys were wearing this year IMO (sans the HJ’s logo of course).

ADstv

Senior List
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
no gold logo I'm skipping next year's guersney , I just buy another premiership Guernsey to wear to games next year. all the other clubs have released theirs, maybe why ours is taking so long is they want to get the premiership merchandise out the way before Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back