Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume at least the players guernseys will have the gold logo, possibly the retails as well.

The mock ups we’ve seen would’ve been produced well in advance of the GF so that’s likely why there’s no gold AFL logo on them.

We’ll wait and see though, it’s dissapointing it’s taking so long for them to release the 2019 stock, but they’re likely trying to milk the 2018 premiership for all its worth before they start pushing people towards 2019

That mock up is now being used on eBay and listed as the 2019 guernsey, with all sizes in stock, so unfortunately, looks to be legit :(

No back sponsor shown though, so was definitely mocked up before Lendi came on board and before the Gf

just seen the 2019 polos and training gear and no lendi on any of them, just the hungry jacks burger logo which is bit smaller. still no guersneys yet.

So I just messaged the seller on ebay selling the jumper with a square HJ's logo as a 2019 retail.

Response was as follows - "Yes the picture posted is the actual product we will be sending.
The only sponsor on the jumper is Hungry Jacks on the front as a rectangle. The back does not have any sponsors.

Let us know if you have any more questions
Thanks"

Haha, I did exactly the same thing!! Wondering how legit the response is though? I asked for some photos of it, front and back, but haven’t had a response yet, and dont expect one. Reckon there’s a fair chance they don’t actually have the stock yet. I highly doubt West Coast would let their merch go out with a sponsor missing.

Hey everyone, long time reader (Since the Navy wings were returned at the end of 2015), first time poster. :) I just felt like chiming in on this topic because I see a few inconsistencies with the alleged 2019 Guernsey and it's bugging me a bit haha :p

First of all, I'd be surprised if Hungry Jack's decided to with the 2000s-style red wordmark in a white box as it's usually the other way around on most advertising banners, you almost never see the wordmark on a white background anymore, it's usually just the rounded square logo or the example I mentioned before. It'd seem odd, as most of the other 2019 gear seen during the Draft had the regular HJ's logo.

Also, looking at proper pictures of the other 2019 gear such as the Media Polo features the updated AFL On-Field tag, but it looks like the 2018 render was just modified, as it still has the early-2000s style tag. It'd be a bit odd if some 2019 gear has a mixture of the new and old AFL On-Field tag... o_O Online listings for the Media Polo and Training Singlet also don't have the Lendi logo under the HJ's logo like we have seen in recent photos.
upload_2018-11-28_9-46-16.png upload_2018-11-28_9-47-49.png
46495547_10156153451237224_6544842122523049984_n.jpg

No gold AFL logo would be funny, it's like they never wanted us to have it! :drunk: In my opinion I'd say they are still finalizing the 2019 gear as it just seems odd to have this many inconsistencies, time will tell! :footy:

Yeah the tag is interesting. Makes it seem like all the concept art so far of the jumpers have been using the 2018 templates, but still doesn’t explain the use of the red text HJs logo.

Wouldn’t be an off-season without some sort of eagles guernsey mystery! We had the collar in 2017, when Richmond had the new one, and we ended up running with the old one from the previous years. Then last year we (mainly me!) we panicking that those shitty numbers we saw on the promo video for the new jumpers were going to be on the actual players jumpers, which didn’t happen in the end.

It’s annoying that it’s taking so long to see the actual 2019 gear in the flesh, apart from the polos and training singlets we’ve already seen

And what does the Lendi logo look like on the back? Will it be as per their press release about it, or will it be different??

I think it may be close to what we've already seen on the Press Release judging from the Media Polos from the Draft. I don't mind it too much now since the SGIO logo was in a oval shape. I wondered why they didn't go with the circle variant in later years like they use currently, I made this mock-up I made a while back at the start of the Season:

23416031_812970622208667_112293182_n.jpg

but that would decrease visibility, which would be a factor if HJ's decided to with the 2000s-style sponsor box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So biggest issues for season 2019
A) is the afl logo going to be gold - you’d absolutely think so
B) will the eagle on the left leg of the shorts be facing the correct way?
C) has HJs ditched the burger?
D) will the wings on the back point down as much as 2018?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The important questions. My guesses are:

A) yes
B) no but I bloody hope it is
C) yes
D) yes

Doubt we'll see 2019 gear anytime soon given how much premiership merch they're selling at the moment. The club has always spaced stuff out to get more sales, remember how we had to endure another year of the tablecloth after the navy released?

“Some” stock arrived at the club today, unsure what was in it as far as 2019 stuff goes but you’d assume there was some? Was there any premiership stock that wasn’t in store yet?? AFL stores seemed to have all of it a few weeks ago?

Doubt we'll see 2019 gear anytime soon given how much premiership merch they're selling at the moment. The club has always spaced stuff out to get more sales, remember how we had to endure another year of the tablecloth after the navy released?
and milked a semi rebrand with a navy wings inbetween full blown rebrand. To be honest I'm glad they milked that one. Made it sweeter this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back