Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
C1D15638-CFBA-45F0-AFCC-EAD030E6CC5C.png

Just got this email from the Team Store... Seems like they’re legit. Same old AFL On-Field tag too, never mind my logic lol :drunk:

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Yeah I questioned it on the footy jumpers board too. I feel like as much as they try, they’re still separate teams / clubs.
They were seperate clubs initially, but The Port Adelaide Football Club in the AFL today was the club playing in the SANFL until the end of 1996. When they were given their AFL license that club effectively moved up a tier and the SANFL replaced the vacant spot with a for like replacement called The Port Adelaide Magpies Football Club.

They’ve obviously had that whole ‘one club’ unification since but regardless the club in the AFL wore the PB’s for most of their history and therefore have the rights to them if they want to push to use them.

Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
View attachment 590610
They've update the site as well.

If that Hungry Jack's sponsor box is indeed the real deal (highly seems like it now), would that mean we'd get the same on the back for Away games, a-la early 2000s?

Another thing it seems is Hungry Jack's has swapped spots with SGIO, becoming the Home Sponsor (it was founded in Perth after all) and Lendi as the Away Sponsor. Still doesn't explain it's absence from the back of the Guernsey though, surely they could of added it while adding the sponsor box and gold AFL logo?

Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats
Hungry Jack’s will be on the front of both main and clash guernseys.

Makes sense as it seems HJ's has swapped with SGIO after their departure as the Home Sponsor with Lendi being the Away Sponsor. What's the reason for Lendi's exclusion when it's on the other 2019 gear?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s the same imagery already used on eBay but with a really shitty shop job for the gold logo. Surely Lendi will be on the back? The press release said in October that they’d be on te guernsey, so they’ll be on the back. Maybe on the next round of guernseys produced?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Makes sense as it seems HJ's has swapped with SGIO after their departure as the Home Sponsor with Lendi being the Away Sponsor. What's the reason for Lendi's exclusion when it's on the other 2019 gear?

The mockups would’ve been made before Lendi signed on. All of the training gear and polos have lendi logos, even though the mockups only had HJs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ADstv

Senior List
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I will only get the 2019 if Lendi is on the front. Never know it may grow on me. Doubt Hungry Jack's is about to change to the wordmark only, it's more likely it change to the Burger King circular logo. I have seen the actual new polos that is instore and they only have the HJs burger logo (no Lendi to be seen). Why get it so nearly perfect in 2018, win a premiership then stuff around with it. I know SGIO left and it's no fault of WCE but the lendi logo looks better in a rectangle than this weird HJ logomark while the rest of the merchandise have the normal burger logo :think: Almost feels like the downgrade in 1995.

I was looking forward to getting one with the gold logo. Guess I wait for the clash or indigenous one.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I will only get the 2019 if Lendi is on the front. Never know it may grow on me. Doubt Hungry Jack's is about to change to the wordmark only, it's more likely it change to the Burger King circular logo. I have seen the actual new polos that is instore and they only have the HJs burger logo (no Lendi to be seen). Why get it so nearly perfect in 2018, win a premiership then stuff around with it. I know SGIO left and it's no fault of WCE but the lendi logo looks better in a rectangle than this weird HJ logomark while the rest of the merchandise have the normal burger logo :think: Almost feels like the downgrade in 1995.

I was looking forward to getting one with the gold logo. Guess I wait for the clash or indigenous one.
* off, you'll end up with every gold logo possible. You'd be silly not too

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Went past the team store this morning. They're currently selling 2019 guernseys with the HJ's wording on the front, no Lendi on the back and a Gold heat pressed logo.

If you were thinking of purchasing the gold logo guernsey, I'd say hold out until season proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back