Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah look I’m being pretty picky and negative about it, but I don’t get the retro calls?? Yeah it was on the back of our guernseys for mane years in the 2000s, but it’s always been the bun on the front, since the real retro days of the early 90s and all the way through. It just looks out of place on the front. I’ll het used to it, but for now I hate it and want it to burn.

Yeah look I’m being pretty picky and negative about it, but I don’t get the retro calls?? Yeah it was on the back of our guernseys for mane years in the 2000s, but it’s always been the bun on the front, since the real retro days of the early 90s and all the way through. It just looks out of place on the front. I’ll het used to it, but for now I hate it and want it to burn.

Can’t speak for anyone else but when I say it looks retro I don’t mean like an old Eagles jersey, I mean the simple typeface in a white box is a very retro style of jumper branding across loads of sports.

IMO the text-only logo looks more iconic to me than the 2018 iteration of the bun-in-red-box.

It’s the HJs typeface that is iconic IMO

The team store has them online, with a stunning blank back

https://www.wceteamstore.com.au/isc/west-coast-eagles-2019-isc-home-adult-guernsey

99c10c5726a46bbddb8d89d8ea980226.jpg
18eae2b517b67575cac3a24dbee13524.jpg

As much as I like the wingtips, blank back just makes it look like a best n less knock off. Plus the shitty ironed on premiers AFL logo. I’d be waiting for April to get the real deal. But then I am a fussy prick when it comes to footy jumpers!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told that there’s no guarantee that the polos will be be updated with Lendi this year. They confirmed the jumpers would be ready in April, but couldn’t confirm the polos would be done at all.

Cheers mate. I might put my store credit towards a premiership guernsey then. The quality of the polos is what concerned me. And they didn't look as good as last year's

Yeah I got last years one late in the season and the quality is actually pretty good. I’ve seen these new ones in the AFL store and they seem noticeably different, from a quality POV. I’d wait until next year maybe when they’ve got Lendi on there.

So having watched the GF again last night, I noticed that Collingwoods Emirates logo is positioned almost exactly the same as our new HJs one, with the left side lining up with the middle of the S in ISC. Do you think maybe the positioning is an ISC thing, and they just line up the edge of the box with the middle and where the right side lands it lands??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back