Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Cheers. Anyone know what the WAFL ones are going to look like?

I imagine they’ll have the front numbers where the AFL logo sits, and the WAFL logo under the manufacturers logo in the middle (not sure if it will be ISC or Sekem, assume it will be Sekem). Might see a few extra sponsors on the left side under HJs but I doubt it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I love the current Jumpers but part of me wish that they made the Peril our away instead of clash. It's just too majestic to be worn 3-4 times a season. How sexy would it be with royal short against the swans/suns away?

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I love the current Jumpers but part of me wish that they made the Peril our away instead of clash. It's just too majestic to be worn 3-4 times a season. How sexy would it be with royal short against the swans/suns away?
Nah I reckon the best aesthetic is us in full royal vs Gold Coast during the day.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah much prefer us in Royal at all costs. What I'd like to see is one home night game in theGold guernsey and royal shorts

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
They’ve missed a trick for many years now by not using the yellow for the dig deep game. Might happen this year with the sponsorship changes (in the past or was always SGIO on the front at home, and with the yellow clash being away sponsored, reckon there was some issues with using at a home game) that’s my guess anyway, could change this year with HJs on the front across both guernseys

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
They’ve missed a trick for many years now by not using the yellow for the dig deep game. Might happen this year with the sponsorship changes (in the past or was always SGIO on the front at home, and with the yellow clash being away sponsored, reckon there was some issues with using at a home game) that’s my guess anyway, could change this year with HJs on the front across both guernseys
WCEDigDeep.png

I'd be fully on board for something like this

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
against which team do you think would look nest? Sydney with red shorts?

Probably not sydney red and yellow is a bit too much for me. Without looking at who were playing at home I’d go with a team with a darker colour like Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, Port or north (if they wore they’re traditional white jumper)

Personally I don’t like wearing it against the tigs

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Probably not sydney red and yellow is a bit too much for me. Without looking at who were playing at home I’d go with a team with a darker colour like Carlton, Collingwood, Geelong, Port or north (if they wore they’re traditional white jumper)

Personally I don’t like wearing it against the tigs
Wear it against Hawthorn again for shits and gigs

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
View attachment 633579
I'd be fully on board for something like this
Yeh I've been saying the same to them every year - you should tweet & email this to the club. Home/Away sponsor reversal is definitely no longer an issue.

Even if they don't want to use a 'special jumper', they should at least wear the yellow (with blue shorts) without the extra logo to highlight the round.

Regarding yellow as Away - I agree with most people above, much prefer Yellow as Clash only. Wearing the same jumper when ever possible strengthens the Eagles brand. The current Home & Clash set up is perfect. We have the best jumper - should wear it when ever we can (clashes and special occasions excepted).

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yeh I've been saying the same to them every year - you should tweet & email this to the club. Home/Away sponsor reversal is definitely no longer an issue.

Even if they don't want to use a 'special jumper', they should at least wear the yellow (with blue shorts) without the extra logo to highlight the round.

Regarding yellow as Away - I agree with most people above, much prefer Yellow as Clash only. Wearing the same jumper when ever possible strengthens the Eagles brand. The current Home & Clash set up is perfect. We have the best jumper - should wear it when ever we can (clashes and special occasions excepted).
I've sent the club an email with that mock-up attached explaining that the Dig Deep guernsey would double as a way to increase awareness about the Dig Deep campaign we do every year as well as giving fans an opportunity to see our original strip (gold jumper, royal shorts) wheeled out once a year.

Chances are nothing will come of it but hey, if you don't ask you don't receive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yeah im in the minority that find the Peril the best jumper. Still love and rate the royal highley but i get erect every time i see the peril worn.

Firmly in this camp. Especially because we would be unique in being the only team with gold/yellow as our primary guernsey colour.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Firmly in this camp. Especially because we would be unique in being the only team with gold/yellow as our primary guernsey colour.

Nah i still want royal as home but peril as our away. Reckon both are very strong jumpers and would actually strengthen our brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back