Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Confused why we designed our indigenous jumper to be predominately royal blue when we can't wear it against Adelaide because it will clash. Should of made it predominately yellow so we could of worn it tonight and next week :/
Adelaide's is navy based, no issue. We wear royal vs Carlton and Adelaide every year.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.44.28 PM.png

Crows have a fair bit of yellow going around as well and i can see the clash. That said our clash would clash with this and our royal would clash with this as well.

jackshea

Draftee
Sep 29, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Adelaide's is navy based, no issue. We wear royal vs Carlton and Adelaide every year.

If you look at Adelaide's Indigenous jumper its very busy and looks quite light so i personally believe it could clash. Might be wrong though

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
According to the pre-game AFL have decided there is a clash with Adelaide, hence us wearing it this week.

Then week after is WA day long weekend and multicutural week or something... so we are celebrating indigenous round a week early.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Did we all see the shoddy quality of ISC as Petch’s guernsey disintegrated after a slight tug? #returnthepuma

ISC quality is trash but maybe a bit more than a slight tug, his full weight plus momentum. Selwood had a few seam rips in Puma, but both seams at once has got to be a new record. Threads just swinging in the breeze!

IMG_0623.JPG

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
According to the pre-game AFL have decided there is a clash with Adelaide, hence us wearing it this week.

Then week after is WA day long weekend and multicutural week or something... so we are celebrating indigenous round a week early.
The indigenous guernseys clash, or our royal guernsey clashes, meaning we'll be in the peril?

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The indigenous guernseys clash, or our royal guernsey clashes, meaning we'll be in the peril?

I assume they were talking about our indigenous clashing with theirs and as it is their home game we will therefore wear our royal?

Who knows - AFL managed to fixture half of indigenous round over WA day long weekend, and we managed to make our indigenous jumper clash with the only team we play during the other half of indigenous round

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
I assume they were talking about our indigenous clashing with theirs and as it is their home game we will therefore wear our royal?

Who knows - AFL managed to fixture half of indigenous round over WA day long weekend, and we managed to make our indigenous jumper clash with the only team we play during the other half of indigenous round
Yellow will work better v Adelaide in that jumper - as long as that doesnt become the precedent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously a great looking guernsey! Do we know how many more times the team will be wearing it?

I assume maybe week 2 of Indigenous Round and/or Multicultural round?

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.37.49 pm.png

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting the neck tag says M/L - is that how they're now designating the long guernseys, or does it mean they're now sizing them S/M, M/L, L/XL XL/XXL...??

I thought Liam Ryan wore a size S last year, but can't be certain.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Seriously a great looking guernsey! Do we know how many more times the team will be wearing it?

I assume maybe week 2 of Indigenous Round and/or Multicultural round?

View attachment 677054

Week 2 of Indigenous Round probably.

I personally need those 2 weeks to get over the thought that this glorious dirty specimen has gone into a washing machine somewhere...
IMG_0626.JPG

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
I love the indigenous jumper but stupid move by the club to make it royal this week. I can't really think of any other instances where a club hasn't worn a special jumper for indigenous round. A peril one would have looked elite against the Crows. We also use the indigenous jumper a couple times a season and it would have been awesome to see a peril jumper worn with royal shorts at home.

Huge opportunity missed my the club IMO.

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I love the indigenous jumper but stupid move by the club to make it royal this week. I can't really think of any other instances where a club hasn't worn a special jumper for indigenous round. A peril one would have looked elite against the Crows. We also use the indigenous jumper a couple times a season and it would have been awesome to see a peril jumper worn with royal shorts at home.

Indigenous round is over two rounds this season, therefore it's likely been designed in our main colours, rather than an alternative clash. It just happened Adelaide has a busy design, that clashes with ours.

We had prime time viewing wearing it a week early too, and we likely wear it another 1-2 times at home as well.

avishka5

150 game legend.
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Indigenous round is over two rounds this season, therefore it's likely been designed in our main colours, rather than an alternative clash. It just happened Adelaide has a busy design, that clashes with ours.

We had prime time viewing wearing it a week early too, and we likely wear it another 1-2 times at home as well.
Oh that makes sense. I had no idea they changed it to 2 rounds.

I would like us to change the colours up a bit every year or so.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari

A simple inverse of royal feathers on a gold background would've looked elite

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari

We’ve also always worn Royal against Adelaide. So it isn’t the clubs fault, it’s the busy nature of Adelaides strip that prevents us wearing ours this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back