Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd love the logo to be blue as well but it just doesn't work. Freight Train tried a few mockups before the logo was even officially released and none of them looked quite right compared to just outlining it.

I've toyed around with the logo to try and invert it somehow as well, I can't find a way to invert it that looks better than the outline.

It looks good enough for what it needs to be - that is the head needs to be solid blue like the wings. The inverted blue head is a better outcome than the outline, because the yellow guernsey needs to have wings and head the same colour to be a true inversion of the home/away guernsey. The logo doesn’t need to work 100% on the clash.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
It looks good enough for what it needs to be - that is the head needs to be solid blue like the wings. The inverted blue head is a better outcome than the outline, because the yellow guernsey needs to have wings and head the same colour to be a true inversion of the home/away guernsey. The logo doesn’t need to work 100% on the clash.

Looking back on it I’m not as against it as I was at first. You make a good point about it not needing to 100% work, but I’m not that bothered either way.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
WCEInvertedHead.png

I actually don't mind it now that I'm revisiting it.

View attachment 681522

Yeah I prefer it to the current version, but as I said earlier, I would prefer the a retro heritage clash :)
I think the above could be improved further by just making the pupil larger, and perhaps the 2 feathers in the neck region a bit bigger too.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
View attachment 681522

No thanks

Short of making the shaded areas a darker colour (*cough* navy *cough*) it just doesn’t work for mine, and I’d be really adverse to messing with our colour set again.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Really like this version, especially with the premiership logo. Can you send it to the club as an idea for next year (premiers logo included)? ;)
The eye should be blue with white - like normal logo - but with yellow outline to separate it from the rest of the head.

Needs one more change #bringbackthebun

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m hoping the fact they went with the bun for the Indigenous jumper is a sign that the buns will return for 2020. This years ones would’ve been mocked up last year, so youd think that if they’re were planning to continue with the text next year, then anything produced this season would also have it on there. I still haven’t got used to it, and it just looks trash evertime I see it

Chappy McChap

Debutant
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m hoping the fact they went with the bun for the Indigenous jumper is a sign that the buns will return for 2020. This years ones would’ve been mocked up last year, so youd think that if they’re were planning to continue with the text next year, then anything produced this season would also have it on there. I still haven’t got used to it, and it just looks trash evertime I see it

I thought the same thing a few weeks ago, until someone pointed out correctly that the text box would just look lost on the busy design. I think the 'return of the buns' might be just a one-off :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back