Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Anyone think that the club is trying to get rid of the full royal for away games now that it's worn at home? Was disappointed that we wore white shorts against the swans.
Nah, theres been a change to the white shorts policy this season. It seems like the away team is now always in white shorts no matter what.

Cats have been in navy shorts at home all season, and the away team in white.

We saw North, in their white Indigenous guernsey with blue shorts, host Richmond, in their black Indigenous guernsey with white shorts a few weeks ago.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah, theres been a change to the white shorts policy this season. It seems like the away team is now always in white shorts no matter what.

We saw North, in their white Indigenous guernsey with blue shorts, host Richmond, in their black Indigenous guernsey with white shorts a few weeks ago.

I’m fine with that and I think Geelong should always were coloured shorts at home. I do think that non clashing coloured shorts should be allowed to be worn but it’s not a biggy.

I wonder if they did this to troll north who changed jumper so they always wore blue shorts at home and in doing so, sold their soulless souls. LOLNorf

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast

Crows wore full home kit v Swans at the SCG earlier in the year.

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
I have an idea for the clash jumper...

How would it look if the yellow of the Eagle’s head feathers had a pattern in it like the indigenous jumper did?

Every thing else would be the same, just the feathers would change.

I am no good with photoshop etc so I wonder if anyone could whip up a quick idea of what that might look like?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Crows wore full home kit v Swans at the SCG earlier in the year.

Circling back, Crows are wearing white shorts and the Cats are in navy shorts tonight. Looks messy af, pretty much confirms the white shorts for all away teams rule being changed this year.

Crows @ Sydney may have been an oversight.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I noticed that too. Would’ve made way more sense to have crows full navy and cats white shorts. Think you’re right, has to be an AFL directive this year. I don’t mind it to b honest, there’s something retro about it.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
White shorts are rubbish and somewhat dated with the amount of clash jumpers around.

They are really s**t when nonsensical colour combinations like tonight happen. That North v Richmond game was ridiculous as well

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
I have an idea for the clash jumper...

How would it look if the yellow of the Eagle’s head feathers had a pattern in it like the indigenous jumper did?

Every thing else would be the same, just the feathers would change.

I am no good with photoshop etc so I wonder if anyone could whip up a quick idea of what that might look like?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As I said, I am not great at photo editing and I know this looks really amateur, but after seeing this years indigenous jumper, here is a VERY ROUGH idea for the clash...

Eagles Clash 1.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah I noticed that too. Would’ve made way more sense to have crows full navy and cats white shorts. Think you’re right, has to be an AFL directive this year. I don’t mind it to b honest, there’s something retro about it.
I'm fine with it. The Cats uniform is Navy Shorts at home. They shouldn't be dictated to with what shorts they wear.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
fWVtmvl.jpg

Eagles just posted this to Instagram. They’ve either photoshopped this (most likely) or have made new burger guernseys and organised a photo shoot with Nicnat and shot new images (least likely).

If it is a ‘shop, they’ve done an amazing job - getting the logo under his thumb and dreds, and it doesn’t look like there was an existing HJ logo at all.

Here's the original so it's definitely a 'shop. F**k knows why they did it.

UBS4D9u.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Here's the original so it's definitely a 'shop. F**k knows why they did it.

UBS4D9u.jpg
The buns was probably the original and the big one was the shopped. They would have taken the photo in the off season and hurriedly used the un-photoshopped one when the contract signing news came out.

Apparently the contract signing took the media peeps by surprise a bit, which is probably why there was the oversight of the ‘Andrew Brayshaw’ taunts on the insta

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
The buns was probably the original and the big one was the shopped. They would have taken the photo in the off season and hurriedly used the un-photoshopped one when the contract signing news came out.

Apparently the contract signing took the media peeps by surprise a bit, which is probably why there was the oversight of the ‘Andrew Brayshaw’ taunts on the insta

In addition to what Mike85 said, there are other shots of Naitanui from the same photo shoot and he is wearing the standard 2019 guernsey with gold AFL logo and long word mark Hungry Jack’s logo.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
In addition to what Mike85 said, there are other shots of Naitanui from the same photo shoot and he is wearing the standard 2019 guernsey with gold AFL logo and long word mark Hungry Jack’s logo.
They were probably shopped at the time as well but they used the wrong (original) image in the recent post.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
They were probably shopped at the time as well but they used the wrong (original) image in the recent post.

What? The original image is with the long wordmark HJ logo. There is no guernseys that exist with the gold Premiers AFL logo and HJ burger logo. The 'shopped image is the one posted on Instagram for his re-signing, with gold AFL logo and HJ burger logo.

The original photos were taken on this day, wearing this guernsey:

644929.jpg

644921.jpg

644993.jpg

644997.jpg

644998.jpg

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Anyone know why we didn’t wear the indigenous guernsey last night?? In the original article about it, it said we’d wear it round 11 against Melbourne, NAIDOC week, and round 18 against Melbourne again in the NT game.
No idea, might be a restriction on how many times we're allowed to wear it. I imagine we'll wear it in the NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back