Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackshea

Draftee
Sep 29, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll just throw this out there because why not. I don't like the inconsistency of our logo. When on a non blue background the eagle requires the blue border making it look, in my opinion, bigger and stronger. The beak looks bigger and overall I prefer the look compared to the eagle on a blue background which looses the extra weight. See below is what i imagine would look better. Thoughts?

The Black Fox

Debutant
Aug 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Looks like the min reserve is $500 which means with GST and the premium the cheapest will be +$600. Interesting to see if all will go.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Would west coast wear and be happy to wear the peril in a potential gf match up v richmond?
It would annoy me to the extent that Richmond wear their home jumper when they play away to us. Therefore we should be able to wear our royal guernsey when we play away to them. Which we normally do. However the most recent precedent was in 2017 and we wore the peril for some reason.

Grand final = royal wings. Unless there is absolutely no viable way to make it work, like taking on the first placed Bulldogs, we wear royal wings on GF day.

Also from a viewer perspective, Royal vs Richmond’s home is surely much better than Peril vs Richmond’s home.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Grand final = royal wings. Unless there is absolutely no viable way to make it work, like taking on the first placed Bulldogs, we wear royal wings on GF day.

Also from a viewer perspective, Royal vs Richmond’s home is surely much better than Peril vs Richmond’s home.
Guess round 22(?) will show what could happen

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Highly likely that if we were to meet Richmond in this years GF, we'd be the higher ranked side, so would wear full royal again, to their home with white shorts. Same setup as when we played them over here last year. If they were ranked higher, their full black vs our royal with white shorts would work fine.

Remember that our clash does have a purpose, but in reality, it's only needed against North, Dogs and Maybe Brisbane away, and it's worn for marketability just as much as actual clash purposes. All about the money and sale of jumpers. We'll likely wear it in round 22 against them, but I highly doubt we'd wear it in a GF, even if we were away to them

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Highly likely that if we were to meet Richmond in this years GF, we'd be the higher ranked side, so would wear full royal again, to their home with white shorts. Same setup as when we played them over here last year. If they were ranked higher, their full black vs our royal with white shorts would work fine.

Remember that our clash does have a purpose, but in reality, it's only needed against North, Dogs and Maybe Brisbane away, and it's worn for marketability just as much as actual clash purposes. All about the money and sale of jumpers. We'll likely wear it in round 22 against them, but I highly doubt we'd wear it in a GF, even if we were away to them
Yeah I don't understand why we had to wear it against them in 17 at the G?

It will be interesting if we wear it against them in a couple weeks time.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari

I've heard a theory that we wore it that day as a nod to our first ever AFL match, back when it was our home jumper.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari

I always thought it was just a marketing thing, gain some broader awareness of the new clash to boost its sales.

The Black Fox

Debutant
Aug 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Jim Kidd in the city selling 2018 PI's for $60.

Just picked up Shuey, Sheppard, Rioli, Barrass and McGovern and O Allen for my mate.

The Black Fox

Debutant
Aug 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
What!!! Surely not?? Got some pics?

100% legit, will post over the weekend. Doubt they will last until lunch time. I picked up 8, a guy I play footy with grabbed 7 as we were paying, there was a guy who grabbed at least 4, Kennedy and Jetta were the 2 I saw him with.
They had 99% of the squad in both home and away. Only a few players missing. Stoked with the Shuey addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back