Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Black Fox

Debutant
Aug 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
fu** me, what a steal!

Might go investigate tomorrow after work, doubt there’ll be any left.

Doubt many will last past lunch today. Between me and my mate we left with 15. Bloke in there as we were paying had at least 4.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Some pics of the jumpers from Jim Kidd - apparently excess stock directly from ISC.

A few clashes were left when I was there a couple of hours ago. About 10 homes - mainly rookies and non-issued PI's left.

They look to be legit - GPS, sublimination, even 'long' tags as per official kit.

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

IMG_1157.JPG

FWIW, received word that there will be a release of replica woolen perils just in time for Christmas.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
In theory, the aways are where the value is, but I bet the clash and homes will still sell well. Wonder where the excess away stock went?
Didn’t the away jumpers get replaced during the year to fix the small number issues? Maybe they did the same for the home but never used them

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
We both got jumpers for mates, both got 4 each, with the remaining 7 for other guys. I won't be selling any. Doubt the rest will either, we all have decent collections.
If anyone does decide to sell one I’d be keen. Spewing I’m at work right now otherwise I would’ve been down there

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Didn’t the away jumpers get replaced during the year to fix the small number issues? Maybe they did the same for the home but never used them

Possibly. Hurn, Lycett, Darling and Gov still had little numbers for the GF so maybe it didn’t happen. From memory, the home jumpers didn’t have the same tiny number issues that the aways had?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Possibly. Hurn, Lycett, Darling and Gov still had little numbers for the GF so maybe it didn’t happen. From memory, the home jumpers didn’t have the same tiny number issues that the aways had?
Yeah but they might’ve got new sets made up anyway, who knows. Would explain why there’s excess home stock

The Black Fox

Debutant
Aug 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah but they might’ve got new sets made up anyway, who knows. Would explain why there’s excess home stock

Have the McGovern from today, can confirm it has the "regular" sized numbers. Barrass' seems to be the same, Rioli's 44 appears smaller, but assume that is to do with jumper size.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon the home ones weren’t as bad, was mainly the aways. It’s weird though, some of them were small, others weren’t. Like my Darling one has small numbers, yet Cripps is normal. So it’s not like it’s a single bs double digit thing? It did mostly effect the numbers stating with a 2 though

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
My theory with the numbers is they had issues with double digit numbers with a 2 in them. The 2 is the only number with a line across the whole base of the space. I never saw any homes with small numbers, but you’ll see on the homes they tend to have stretched numbers, so they probably used the same width as the small away numbers and then just stretched them taller on the home and clash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back