Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Now that we have the same sponsor arrangement for home and away jumpers, wonder if there’s any chance we see the yellow at home with royal shorts?? Maybe for the dig deep game?? Missed so many chances to use it over the years, especially with the main colour for the cancer council being yellow
I floated this idea to the club last year, it never got anywhere sadly

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
When are we actually going to do something about our disgusting new club song?

I would never say I dread a win, but this abomination just numbs the happy fuzzy feeling you get after a great win. Out of touch boomer rubbish. Cringeworthy.

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
When are we actually going to do something about our disgusting new club song?

I would never say I dread a win, but this abomination just numbs the happy fuzzy feeling you get after a great win. Out of touch boomer rubbish. Cringeworthy.
Totally agree. It is an atmosphere stealer. It wrecks the vive of the victory. We need to get rid of it - or at least have a chorus only version for after wins.

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
Another thing I noticed about the song is the change in the tempo of "big birds".
The crowd couldn't even get into the singalong with the chorus.
If you're going to change the song, at least make the chorus the same as the old one!

It's not all bad imo. The intro using the didgeridoo is noice.
Mix that in with the older song & we're set.

leroyeagle

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Football Club
5 great wins in a row each followed by a deflating cringeworthy team song & 5 game day threads full of neutrals bagging this woeful mess. During a broadcast is bad enough but I was not prepared for how actually terrible it is live at Optus on Saturday night after such an amazing win! How on earth can you make an average tune to start with sound even bloody worse after a rejig? Just bin the lot & play Eagle Rock ffs!

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
The more I listen to the song the more I don't get. For a footy song, you need something that is tribal as well as something that hypes you up. Get a band with a lead singer with a bit of gravel in his voice. Lemmy, Bon Scott, Cash sort of voice.
Simply put.
It needs to be a chant. Not a song.

keep the song for corporate events.
Keep the words from the new intro and chorus but as a chant like the players do it in the circle after the game.
It’s a no brainer

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I wouldn’t care what they played after a premiership to be honest.

also, anyone heard whether the gala auction will be going ahead this year??
Last year was a balls up - items listed they never intended to sell... that sort of thing. They were not very happy with galabid and neither was I when they didn't honour 10 items!!

You'd think they would do something because they can sell all the current PI's due to the new manufacturer next year.

Knowing our luck they will just send them all overseas again.

Chappy McChap

Debutant
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Last year was a balls up - items listed they never intended to sell... that sort of thing. They were not very happy with galabid and neither was I when they didn't honour 10 items!!

You'd think they would do something because they can sell all the current PI's due to the new manufacturer next year.

Knowing our luck they will just send them all overseas again.
Do we know who is replacing ISC yet?

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
There is no evidence though other than one person cluelessly linking it
Yeah I know, but most of the regulars on that board seem to think he’s got insider info. He works in the industry or something.

I wouldn’t mind Castore as long as their off field merch doesn’t carry the same $600 price tag that some of their athletic wear does. Otherwise, I’m crossing my fingers for a return to Puma

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
How broken was the relationship with Puma in 2017? Must have been some serious issues to end a long and successful partnership like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back