Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a contact inside the club that I used to order puma player issues through, he said the club was fed up by 2017 with Pumas lack of commitment in general. Terrible with getting orders in and just seemed disinterested. Maybe it’ll change now that they’re back in the AFL with a few more clubs?? Would love to go back to them rather than some random supplier we’ve never heard of. ISC have been ok I reckon, but Puma is a level above in terms of quality

I had a contact inside the club that I used to order puma player issues through, he said the club was fed up by 2017 with Pumas lack of commitment in general. Terrible with getting orders in and just seemed disinterested. Maybe it’ll change now that they’re back in the AFL with a few more clubs?? Would love to go back to them rather than some random supplier we’ve never heard of. ISC have been ok I reckon, but Puma is a level above in terms of quality
I think the club saw the level of effort they put into Richmond’s gear in 2017 and cracked it. Richmond’s off field stuff is top notch compared to the gear Puma used to roll out for us.

I actually think ISCs off field range is better than anything Puma ever did for us.

Pretty sure Puma made shoes for Richmond as GF merch. I don't blame the club cause we were with Puma nearly 25 years and the lack of effort Puma did for us was pathetic.

Maybe the club told them prior that were exploring their choices and hence Puma put all their eggs in the Tigers basket.

L
Pretty sure Puma made shoes for Richmond as GF merch. I don't blame the club cause we were with Puma nearly 25 years and the lack of effort Puma did for us was pathetic.

Maybe the club told them prior that were exploring their choices and hence Puma put all their eggs in the Tigers basket.
look at Richmond’s warmup gear - they’ve got NFL style warmup polos with player names and numbers sub laminated front and back. I’m not a huge fan of them, but the level of effort that’s gone into them is what matters. We essentially had navy polos which they heatpressed player name and numbers straight out of the team shop onto.

L

look at Richmond’s warmup gear - they’ve got NFL style warmup polos with player names and numbers sub laminated front and back. I’m not a huge fan of them, but the level of effort that’s gone into them is what matters. We essentially had navy polos which they heatpressed player name and numbers straight out of the team shop onto.
whats the Carlton stuff like? The Tigers winning it in 17 and being the most dominant teams probably forced them to up their game. Also losing us and having only one client would have worried them a bit at the time.

Looks like Nike burnt a bridge after the the s**t they offered with Carlton.

When I first started watching footy(around that time) you had;
Puma was so dominant in the footy world. They had Hawthorn Sydney, Essendon and the Eagles

whats the Carlton stuff like? The Tigers winning it in 17 and being the most dominant teams probably forced them to up their game. Also losing us and having only one client would have worried them a bit at the time.

Looks like Nike burnt a bridge after the the sh*t they offered with Carlton.

When I first started watching footy(around that time) you had;
Puma was so dominant in the footy world. They had Hawthorn Sydney, Essendon and the Eagles
87C3BB01-3BF6-45DB-850A-98D7A756E2AA.png
That’s their warm up top, they also have a training polo which doesn’t have the Blues word mark. Similar to the Richmond ones but not quite as OTT with the massive NFL numbers.

They've forgotten the Gold AFL logo

inb4 more crappy rushed merch for Christmas with the the premiers badge heatpressed on...

If the jersey background was blue, and the eagle gold, one could see how this could work for the WC jersey? Enlarge the wings to the shoulders, and where the 'R' is on this Manly jersey add some claws, it could make a pretty good Eagles jersey. Perhaps someone here that's clever with these things could make the necessary colour and image changes to see how it would look? Cheers.
manly-sea-eagles-2019-isc-mens-community-jersey-1-1200x900.jpg

If the jersey background was blue, and the eagle gold, one could see how this could work for the WC jersey? Enlarge the wings to the shoulders, and where the 'R' is on this Manly jersey add some claws, it could make a pretty good Eagles jersey. Perhaps someone here that's clever with these things could make the necessary colour and image changes to see how it would look? Cheers.
View attachment 958666
53A7701F-2C89-4AFA-B70C-30B49195628A.jpeg

View attachment 958666
Delete pls

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 958666
Genuinely thanks but no thanks. I love our jumper as it is now.

View attachment 958666
I wouldn't mind seeing someone with talent try mocking up something like this but with the wings still where they are on our current jumper.

I’ve noticed the club has been doing a fair bit of promotional stuff with Crown on the socials and club app just over the past couple of months. Any one think we could see them coming onboard as a major sponsor? Or have they always had this partnership for a while and I’ve just missed it? I only ever recall WC/Freo sending a player over to the Merrywell for the burger creation challenge. The crown logo would look better on the front than HJ’s imo. I know a lot of people love the HJ’s/WC partnership but the big red box on the front of the jersey looks trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back