Certified Legendary Thread #ReturnTheWings, Part 2: Job Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy McChap

Debutant
Aug 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
The logos are high aren't they? Is it me or are the 1 and the 8 wide apart???
Makes me think that 11 will look super-s**t.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I have a theory.

Those collars are pretty different to the ones that Castore showed in the renders.

They also have the same poor logo placement that Fremantle have with their new Sekem guernseys.

And the collar is very similar to Sekem as well.

INB4 - Castore couldn’t get them here in time so we’ve paid Sekem to produce them with Castore branding.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wing tips covered again, like 2015??
E80736E0-B443-48EA-9909-3B154205C198.jpeg

Nah they’re just really small like they were with Puma.

FWIW the back of the jumper looks like ass. The numbers look a bit off somehow, just not quite sure what it is.

Edit - I did just see the photo of Venners and see what you mean. Might be a size dependant thing? Smaller jumpers have covered tips? (I hope not)

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
So they’re clearly wearing ISC shorts and socks, which makes you assume that nothing from Castore is ready. Wonder how long they roll with these Sekem jumpers? Few games, all year? Hope they sell off the old ISC stock and these sekem ones eventually

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I have a theory.

Those collars are pretty different to the ones that Castore showed in the renders.

They also have the same poor logo placement that Fremantle have with their new Sekem guernseys.

And the collar is very similar to Sekem as well.

INB4 - Castore couldn’t get them here in time so we’ve paid Sekem to produce them with Castore branding.
Yeah it been mentioned on the junpers board. Is it Freight Train that has links to sekem? If so can you confirm or deny that these are sekem jumpers.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
So they’re clearly wearing ISC shorts and socks, which makes you assume that nothing from Castore is ready. Wonder how long they roll with these Sekem jumpers? Few games, all year? Hope they sell off the old ISC stock and these sekem ones eventually
There was a rumour floating around that out Castore shipment got lost, somehow

There was a rumour floating around that out Castore shipment got lost, somehow

Nah they arrived and the club rejected them.

Those jumpers are Sekem with Castore badges, 99% sure.

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah they arrived and the club rejected them.

Those jumpers are Sekem with Castore badges, 99% sure.

When are these rejected jumpers going to end up on eBay? Would be a pretty cool collector's item. Especially if you can also get it signed by Tim Kelly. The jumper they didn't want signed by the player they didn't want!!! :D

Did we Sekem out, or did they come to us?

Sekem were always in the conversation back when ISC was on the out, so not exactly sure but the relationship was already there to some degree.

Also, nice.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Will they though? Surely this is just a stop gap while they’re waiting for the Castore gear? Where are the shorts and the socks? If sekem are making the gear and just putting Castore’s logo on there, they’d do the shorts as well you’d think?

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I know how it's been mentioned how little there is in footy manufacturing sponsorship but it seems like both Nike and Puma really ramped up their involvement in footy after they lost us and Carlton. I wouldn't mind Nike considering their Pies and Swans stuff looks a lot better than their blues gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back