Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
Five talking points:

5. Eagles' clash strip looks the goods
The Eagles wore their gold clash strip for the first time in a home-and-away game since 1994 and it stood up well against the blue in North Melbourne's strip. It didn't hit a home run with fans when unveiled last year in a marketing photo shoot with injured ruckman Nic Naitanui, but seems to have grown on the supporters since. It will continue to be worn this season whenever the Eagles' royal blue away design clashes with their opponent's strip, after an effective and eye catching introduction on Sunday.
I don't get the lack of home run comment - the overwhelming consensus was good when the peril was unveiled

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
I don't get the lack of home run comment - the overwhelming consensus was good when the peril was unveiled

There was some complaining on other, lesser, electronic whingefests social media... but equally the initial photoshop of Nic Nat really didn't show off its full glory. The atttitude did indeed come around.

They were probably referring to the ridiculous Facebook outrage

wing it

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Was probably a reference to one of Mutton Chops' articles where he referenced a couple of FB posts as evidence of it not being a hit.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Why does my peril have a bankwest logo on the back and the players have an SGIO one?

What a f*cking rip off
Yours will be the one we wear in the derby. We weren't playing in Perth, so proper away sponsors were in order for the jumper. We'll also have a set of home clash jumpers for games against Freo, that's the one that's also available at retail.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
There was some complaining on other, lesser, electronic whingefests social media... but equally the initial photoshop of Nic Nat really didn't show off its full glory. The atttitude did indeed come around.

It wasn't a photoshop, just a normal photo shoot.

771-013B-60A5-B9CB9301FCA3A128Website-Image---2017-Clash-Guernsey---Naitanui_zpsfprxp81u.jpg

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Yours will be the one we wear in the derby. We weren't playing in Perth, so proper away sponsors were in order for the jumper. We'll also have a set of home clash jumpers for games against Freo, that's the one that's also available at retail.

Not quite right there. We always wear our away sponsored clash against freo in our away derbies. I'm guessing we'll wear it at home at some stage this year, otherwise we wouldn't have seen a home sponsored set in the flesh. Maybe for the dig deep game?

The retail clash guernseys have always been sgio front, not sure why, can only get the BankWest ones as player issues.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Not quite right there. We always wear our away sponsored clash against freo in our away derbies. I'm guessing we'll wear it at home at some stage this year, otherwise we wouldn't have seen a home sponsored set in the flesh. Maybe for the dig deep game?

The retail clash guernseys have always been sgio front, not sure why, can only get the BankWest ones as player issues.
Well there ya go

wing it

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
lets **** the navy off completely and have this as our away and royal as home.
Should happen. Won't happen.

On the coverage they'd occasionally show a graphic of whichever player had just kicked a goal. So for example when JK kicked one of his goals, they showed a pre-recorded image of him, wearing the navy. It was amazing how dull the navy looked when you'd just been watching the boys run around in the peril. It was probably made even worse by the fact that North were in full royal too. Speaking of which, the jumper matchup today was second only to when we play Gold Coast away. Was stunning.

Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Should happen. Won't happen.

On the coverage they'd occasionally show a graphic of whichever player had just kicked a goal. So for example when JK kicked one of his goals, they showed a pre-recorded image of him, wearing the navy. It was amazing how dull the navy looked when you'd just been watching the boys run around in the peril. It was probably made even worse by the fact that North were in full royal too. Speaking of which, the jumper matchup today was second only to when we play Gold Coast away. Was stunning.
The Eagle head needs some sort of modern look and needs to be one colour that being blue.

I can't help but think that everyone who wants yellow shorts are intellectually inferior. It would look so effing ugly and make our sacred gold wings a laughing stock.

#WhiteShortsMatter
The peril-shorts haters are inconsistEnt hypocrit3S
Full peril would look glorious
Just as the full royal /full navy does
#whiteisnotaclubcolour
(And it makes no sense to use it against a team which has white as a major colour eg north )

Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool | Golden State Warriors
Five talking points:

5. Eagles' clash strip looks the goods
The Eagles wore their gold clash strip for the first time in a home-and-away game since 1994 and it stood up well against the blue in North Melbourne's strip. It didn't hit a home run with the unwashed trash masses on facebook when unveiled last year in a marketing photo shoot with injured ruckman Nic Naitanui, but seems to have grown on the supporters since. It will continue to be worn this season whenever the Eagles' royal blue away design clashes with their opponent's strip, after an effective and eye catching introduction on Sunday.

Edited for accuracy

Balance

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
Yellow shorts wouldn't be allowed, it'd look too good.

You guys don't need the navy at all, it clashes with too many teams who don't change their guernsey enough when playing away. Royal doesn't clash with anything at home and Yellow doesn't clash with anything away, can't believe how simple this is!

Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool | Golden State Warriors
Yellow shorts wouldn't be allowed, it'd look too good.

You guys don't need the navy at all, it clashes with too many teams who don't change their guernsey enough when playing away. Royal doesn't clash with anything at home and Yellow doesn't clash with anything away, can't believe how simple this is!

Navy sells more merch. Simple dollars game, as annoying as that is.

Balance

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
Navy sells more merch.

This is simply not true, factually/statistically or otherwise. I also work in a department store and dark tones of blue are the least sold, including sports apparel.
I think it has more to do with company logos standing out more against a darker colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back