Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand your current angle with avatars.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

It'll be a shame to see this thread wind up. It's surely a definite contender for greatest ever BigFooty thread, let alone greatest West Coast thread. But all good things...

Did anyone ever give anything to Gary Stocks for his troubles? Might be a bit late now.

why though
Someone on the FJGD board argued that a majority gold jumper V Richmond would be better than a jumper with bits of gold on it (the royal in our case). Hawthorn also rocks their home against Richmond, and it doesn't look bad so I'm holding judgement until Game Day. Probably helps that Richmond have gons fluoro with their yellow too.

In saying that, I am sad we haven't seen the royal yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone on the FJGD board argued that a majority gold jumper V Richmond would be better than a jumper with bits of gold on it (the royal in our case). Hawthorn also rocks their home against Richmond, and it doesn't look bad so I'm holding judgement until Game Day. Probably helps that Richmond have gons fluoro with their yellow too.

In saying that, I am sad we haven't seen the royal yet.
I think right now the club are looking to promote the peril, and will wear it at any oppurtunity
Will be interesting to see if we are still using a clash in 2/3 years time against Richmond, Brisbane and Fremantle away
Yeah I guess it does make sense.

Royal is the best in my eyes so I am a little disappointed.

This is a very BAD sign. As much as like the yellow as the clash, this is suddenly unexpectedly killing the Royal.

If we wear yellow v Richmond, then that says we should wear it against Essendon, Pies, Port, Carlton, Melb etc too..... so when the heck will we wear Royal? Just against Sydney, GC and GWS ?

Edit: if it is a one off to promote the jumper, I have no issue with that - the yellow does have traditional ties to Richmond

Last edited:
I think right now the club are looking to promote the peril, and will wear it at any oppurtunity
Will be interesting to see if we are still using a clash in 2/3 years time against Richmond, Brisbane and Fremantle away
We've been wearing Clash v Brisbane and Fremantle for years - no reason that would change.

Richmond is the odd one out.

This is a very BAD sign. As much as like the yellow as the clash, this is suddenly unexpectedly killing the Royal.

If we wear yellow v Richmond, then that says we should wear it against Essendon, Pies, Port, Carlton, Melb etc too..... so when the heck will we wear Royal? Just against Sydney, GC and GWS ?

Edit: if it is a one off to promote the jumper, I have no issue with that - the yellow does have traditional ties to Richmond
There would be a huge uproar if we got rid of the royal. There's some here including my self that are ok with navy as it's the wings version but still prefer royal.

Gary Stocks tweeted months back that the peril was approved for use against all the clubs we wore the tablecloth against, as well as Richmond.

No need to worry about not wearing royal against Carlton, Essendon, etc. Not this year anyway

Gary Stocks tweeted months back that the peril was approved for use against all the clubs we wore the tablecloth against, as well as Richmond.

No need to worry about not wearing royal against Carlton, Essendon, etc. Not this year anyway
He missed out the Kangaroos

Richmond is a strange one, actually makes less sense than Carlton and Essendon.

We used to wear the Royal against the Lions
The Freo one I never understood the need to wear the clash (and we used to wear Royal against them as well)
Purple & Royal are pretty similar, I don't mind wearing clash against Freo (though less clash since the purple has got darker).

Really the clash is only required v Dogs, Roos and Dockers. Agree Brisbane is debatable.

So far this year we've worn it twice against 2 teams we never wear clash against.

Royal is my favourite but I wouldn't mind us wearing more often this year just to promote it. My only exception is that we use it in a game where we were meant to be in full royal.

Interesting to see what the club does in the future when we plays cats away, usuly wear full royal but we could end up wearing peril with white shorts from now on.

Royal is my favourite but I wouldn't mind us wearing more often this year just to promote it. My only exception is that we use it in a game where we were meant to be in full royal.

Interesting to see what the club does in the future when we plays cats away, usuly wear full royal but we could end up wearing peril with white shorts from now on.
Nah we should still be full royal. North wore full royal (Away) v Cats (Home) last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back