Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Royal home, Yellow away. Woohoo! Love this!:thumbsu:

dajesmac Will the white clash have wings?

No idea. I got a feeling it might but that's just a personal guess. Navy wings on white might look alright.

We don't need a clash if the yellow is the away.

I agree but that's the way we're going. Revenue etc.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Yep. Puma is gone and with it, the navy guernseys.

Royal home, Yellow away, White clash. New logo coming.

No idea when it will be announced, end of the season would be a minimum.
So essentially an inverse Adelaide. I can live with that.

Jan 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers, South Fremantle
No idea. I got a feeling it might but that's just a personal guess. Navy wings on white might look alright.

I agree but that's the way we're going. Revenue etc.
The Eagles' selling point this year was to "complete the set" with all three playing jumpers having wings. I hope they have the same determination with a white clash. Wins all round if it is.

I don't get the connection

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Puma must have really ****ed us off for us to break a 30 year contract and sign with an inferior manufacturer.

Navy and white aren't in a our colour scheme so it's pretty ironic that we are trying to go back to our original colours but add a white jumper. The fact that peril doesn't clash with anything, makes me pretty mad.

tumblr_nu6qj3fwAD1sm3vxwo1_250.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls

And who the heck will we have to wear the white clash against ?

Surely we'd continue wearing Royal against the Hawks. Actually we should still wear Royal where ever possible (like most teams do with there home jumper).

Aka:
Royal Home/Away
Yellow Clash

This whole thing seems pretty ludicrous when they only just got rid of white and settled on the 3 jumpers this year.

Jul 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wildcats, Subiaco Lions, Bulls
I would settle for a white clash if it meant the Royal home and Peril away.

Ochre and avishka5 are right, the Peril clashes no other home jumper (possibly Hawthorn would be the closest), so we should hardly need it.
Problem with this is it would mean we wear yellow in finals and the grand final, based on current 'away' usage.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
I don't get the connection

I'm not really sure either. It seems odd that navy would be something that Puma insisted upon. The more likely answer is that it's a coincidence but again it would be odd for the club to do a 180 on the navy jumpers after just two years.

Any idea what the new logo will be??

No information on that front.

Mr Smith

Rookie
May 22, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
White wings?? Surely not, we've only just done the right thing and gotten rid of any white we did have.

Blue & Gold only should be a non negotiable from now on, Royal home & Peril away is the dream. But like it or not Navy has been a part of the club for over 20 years.

Give me Navy wings over White wings any day. The jumpers are close to perfect as they are, all they need is an updated Eagle that suits the wings better

Problem with this is it would mean we wear yellow in finals and the grand final, based on current 'away' usage.

Doubt it. Royal was our home in 92 and 94 - royal would be used in a GF unless it clashed with the other team.

Although peril is beautiful and I wouldnt be mad.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari

Surely we'd continue wearing Royal against the Hawks. Actually we should still wear Royal where ever possible (like most teams do with there home jumper).

Aka:
Royal Home/Away
Yellow Clash

This whole thing seems pretty ludicrous when they only just got rid of white and settled on the 3 jumpers this year.
Assuming our sponsor arrangements are the same, I'd assume that means the royal is locked to being a Perth only jumper, peril away, and the white jumper whenever the peril clashes, which would most likely be away to hawthorn.

Shmiddy15

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not really sure either. It seems odd that navy would be something that Puma insisted upon. The more likely answer is that it's a coincidence but again it would be odd for the club to do a 180 on the navy jumpers after just two years.

No information on that front.

Sorry if you've answered this already, but where is this info coming from?

Aka:
Royal Home/Away
Yellow Clash

Definitely this. Royal and Peril are the only jumpers we need.

06Premiers

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Lakers
upload_2017-8-14_11-29-9.png

Vanilla White Wings.
How apt for this current group.

Can someone mock up a white wings? I want to know if it looks as horrendous as it does in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back