Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a154-cartoon_eagle_mascot.jpg

Someone posted a homemade eagles logo here about a year ago. It had a very sharp shield-shaped border with a more modern and agressive eagle motif. Looked hardcore.

Anyone have a copy/ link?

The fact that we have ended a 30 year relationship for a younger but much uglier partner will take the gloss off the big reveal
A lot of people aren't going to see that though. 90% of the fan base wouldn't even care about Puma or their long standing history with our club. Partner it with the fact the club is rebranding and it'll be swept through fairly unnoticed.

Puma/ISC who gives a s**t. Puma arent the holy grail they have produced some s**t for us tbh. As long as it looks good. FJGD board is for the finicky ;)

Club signed off on said s**t. Blame them.

ISC collar will look s**t. It works for teams that have one colour around the neck area, can you imagine that fat collar on the wing area? ugh.

As if we needed another reason to hate Richmond.

ISC are sub par manufacturer. Say what you want about Puma but they are a global sporting brand with elite get up. To go backwards to a nothing brand is a disgrace. Shows where we're at.

For the health of this board we best not be going for the 7 years like Essendon signed.

ISC are sub par manufacturer. Say what you want about Puma but they are a global sporting brand with elite get up. To go backwards to a nothing brand is a disgrace. Shows where we're at.

For the health of this board we best not be going for the 7 years like Essendon signed.
you guys all think all the bad calls are the clubs and all the good calls are pumas..

hate to burst your bubbles but puma would have had a big say on the train wreak that our jumpers had become 2 years ago.. yes club would have signed off on them.. but designs, samples etc would have been pumas..and some of there work has been hidious..

puma used to be the major player in australia but now they are a small fry these days.. ISC are the big players.. the are the sponsors of some the major sporting clubs in AFL and NRL NBL etc..

as long as they get the colours right.. which they seem to have done with a lot of clubs.. i couldn't care less

Puma's presence in AFL is irrelevant, they are a major, major brand in sport and lifestyle globally - Scuderia Ferrari, Red Bull Racing, Arsenal, Usain Bolt...

To lose them and go to...ISC is a huge loss and our guernseys will now have less credibility on a global scale.

Puma's presence in AFL is irrelevant, they are a major, major brand in sport and lifestyle globally - Scuderia Ferrari, Red Bull Racing, Arsenal, Usain Bolt...

To lose them and go to...ISC is a huge loss and our guernseys will now have less credibility on a global scale.
highly doubt anyone on a global scale cares about who makes WC eagles jumpers.... most people outside this forum wont even notice the change

you guys all think all the bad calls are the clubs and all the good calls are pumas..

hate to burst your bubbles but puma would have had a big say on the train wreak that our jumpers had become 2 years ago.. yes club would have signed off on them.. but designs, samples etc would have been pumas..and some of there work has been hidious..

puma used to be the major player in australia but now they are a small fry these days.. ISC are the big players.. the are the sponsors of some the major sporting clubs in AFL and NRL NBL etc..

as long as they get the colours right.. which they seem to have done with a lot of clubs.. i couldn't care less

Puma designs what is asked of them. Puma wouldn't have one day just decided to design the ochre, the club would have requested something like that.

We got the club to ask Puma to make the wings larger and join them up again and we got some of the best jumpers in our history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puma designs what is asked of them. Puma wouldn't have one day just decided to design the ochre, the club would have requested something like that.

We got the club to ask Puma to make the wings larger and join them up again and we got some of the best jumpers in our history.
yeh oh well.. ill choose to wait and see how they actually look first before i lose sleep..

club sponsors come and go.. jus don't get why some people get so attached to them

yeh oh well.. ill choose to wait and see how they actually look first before i lose sleep..

club sponsors come and go.. jus don't get why some people get so attached to them
This isn't just a sponsor. I couldn't care less if SGIO leave us for some other company. I care when the only product I can buy is a cheap low scale manufacturer as opposed to a global giant in sports fashion and apparel. If we changed to Nike, Adidas, Under Armour, Asics or New Balance I'd be fine. We shouldn't be cheapening our brand.

Not for us. Other than short sponsors, our sponsors tend to stick with us for a while. I don't rate ISC and most of of the other smaller brands tend to be rubbish. At least the bigger manufactures has the resources available to correct a bad jumper if they * up once in a while.

lmach has been very very quiet. Got any logo news mate? If you're prevented from disclosing, I will take a non response as meaning your logo has been chosen.
I know as much as you unfortunately.

1) imo you dont need a white clash, royal blue and a yellow imo provide more than enough contrast options

2) yay to bye bye navy

3) if you bring in some dumb arse cartoon head..... I hope not, but weve see whats happened at other clubs

4) IF the afl insist upon you having a white clash, try and out homer the norf travesty. OCHRE with wings and tri panel and cartoon wrap around eagle (that wraps around the wrong side of the jumper). Make it so ******* ugly even the afl wont let you wear it

Jokes aside, royal and yellow both with wings, done no more.

Wondering if there's any chance we wear the home sponsored peril we saw in the pre season scratch match, against the crows this week?? Last ever game at Subiaco, wear the same guernsey we wore in our first game there? Wishful thinking, but would be a good idea I reckon.
We might not win but atleast we'd look sexy AF.

If you go back to just a royal strip and yellow strip, I would be happy as a neutral supporter...

Pity your leaving Puma if true, they have done wonders for us this year

Wondering if there's any chance we wear the home sponsored peril we saw in the pre season scratch match, against the crows this week?? Last ever game at Subiaco, wear the same guernsey we wore in our first game there? Wishful thinking, but would be a good idea I reckon.
Should have done it in the Cancer Council game against the blues. Gold Wings against the Navy Blues would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back