Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you read your post? I wasn't jumping down your throat, you were jumping down the clubs.

"ISC comes along and they s**t it off without a second thought."

If you knew it was speculation you could of worded that a heck of a lot better.

For the record, Navy being non-negotiable wasn't ever communicated from the club either - we just all assumed it. Officially there was no negotiation at all. Return the Wings was fan driven sure, but the club never negotiated with us. It was all done behind closed doors at the club.

Again, yes. I did read my post. It wasn't overly negative or aggressive either. Just an observation. I don't think there was anything wrong with the wording. It's more likely that something has been lost in translation on your end.

As for the line in bold above, I have to correct you on that.

September 5, 2014. The club invited Return the Wings posters to a presentation via twitter. I was invited, but unfortunately was unable to attend during regular work hours. You posted:

Quick update. New poll coming.

Navy isn't going anywhere, so 3 wings is current proposal

Nisbett likes peril for clash.

Sounds like a non-negotiable to me, certainly communicated by the club to a number of people pushing RtW. As I recall, we were pushing for royal wings at home. The club clarified to you guys that the navy wasn't going anywhere.

To say navy was a non-negotiable isn't the same thing as saying there was a negotiation taking place. To the club's credit though, they were sparked by public interest, and opened sought opinion from the supporter base through a poll. Good on them.

Last edited:
Sounds like a non-negotiable to me, certainly communicated by the club to a number of people pushing RtW. As I recall, we were pushing for royal wings at home. The club clarified to you guys that the navy wasn't going anywhere.

To say navy was a non-negotiable isn't the same thing as saying there was a negotiation taking place. To the club's credit though, they were sparked by public interest, and opened sought opinion from the supporter base through a poll. Good on them.
I was there too.

What the club said at the time was that they wanted to retain navy for a home jumper. My recollection was that they wanted to make the changes as minimal as possible in terms of getting AFL sign off etc (not changing core home/away colours). They didn't put a time frame on it and at the time I also don't think they thought that the yellow wings were really a viable regular jumper - that opinion has obviously changed.

Again, yes. I did read my post. It wasn't overly negative or aggressive either. Just an observation. I don't think there was anything wrong with the wording. It's more likely that something has been lost in translation on your end.

As for the line in bold above, I have to correct you on that.

September 5, 2014. The club invited Return the Wings posters to a presentation via twitter. I was invited, but unfortunately was unable to attend during regular work hours. You posted:

Yeh Stocks told us that Navy wasn't going anywhere off the record (wasn't an official club communication) - my point was there was no negotiations at all. All of the decisions were made behind club doors, without any real input from us. But we got the ball rolling with the RTW push.

He also told us Nisbett liked the idea of yellow clash, but didnt think the AFL would approve it - luckily they got that wrong - at least for this year.

I'd still be surprised is Navy goes - but not devastated as I've always preferred the Royal. I will be extremely annoyed if white comes back though.

And my post wasn't harsh either - I wasn't jumping down your throat at all.

I wonder how much influence a jumper manufacturer has in terms of something like our colours. It would be a massive coincidence to ditch the navy at the same time as we switch to ISC.

So what I'm getting at, is that it feels like either: 1. Puma were the advocates for keeping the navy; or 2. ISC are advocates for ditching the navy.

I wonder how much influence a jumper manufacturer has in terms of something like our colours. It would be a massive coincidence to ditch the navy at the same time as we switch to ISC.

So what I'm getting at, is that it feels like either: 1. Puma were the advocates for keeping the navy; or 2. ISC are advocates for ditching the navy.
I suusprect Puma way well have been an advocate for navy merch.

I was thinking this, don't know how much weight it carries, but it's plausible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok here's a theory: the new stadium lights will shine out in the home team's colours. Royal blue is a much brighter colour than navy... maybe that had a bearing on the possible switch to royal for home...
Crows/ Port both dark colours and they still look great at their new stadium. I think the club with their rebrand kinda want to go back to the original colour scheme.

Something to be said about anchoring your team to a town and not a nebulous piece of geography. Anyway, I like West Coast and don't think it should change.
As a country lad I'd flip my lid if they tried to change to Perth.

You're right, West Coast sounds great.

Woosha Medal. Who's going? When is the evening's program released? Last 2 years there's been a "special announcement" at 9.30 ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back