Review Winners and losers, 2021 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Our "star" FS is listed as indefinite on the injury list. None of our other draftees have debuted. We didn't draft a proper KPD or ruck, basically just an oversized winger (Parker), a general defender (Cleary), a midfielder (McComb) and a pacy winger (Jones - the only one that I have big faith in so far).

We picked up O'Brien as a FA who did just okay in his first game, but is going to be a role player, and isn't even a lock in our defence.

So yeah, long term who knows, but in the short term the Dogs have not exactly done outstanding so far
At 205cm and a first year player they rated significantly better than Young - he must be bloody good. You don't give away 200cm+ players with a couple seasons under their belts that have had some senior exposure for nothing.

I think Darcy will come good once they get him over whatever injury he has.

At 205cm and a first year player they rated significantly better than Young - he must be bloody good. You don't give away 200cm+ players with a couple seasons under their belts that have had some senior exposure for nothing.

I think Darcy will come good once they get him over whatever injury he has.
In positive news, since I made that post, Darcy's injury has been updated to 6-8 weeks instead of indefinite, so hopefully we get to see him in the VFL mid year. And we need it soon - we have very low numbers for talls as it is, and absolutely zero depth

No one in the footy industry aside from biased one eyed Pies fans rates Daicos ahead of Horne-Francis.

Well there you go. Shows how much the footy industry (and me) was wrong.

Daicos is a Unicorn. Is there anything he can't do ???

Well there you go. Shows how much the footy industry (and me) was wrong.

Daicos is a Unicorn. Is there anything he can't do ???
Well there’s a lot he can’t do but let’s not get into that and focus on the positives!

In positive news, since I made that post, Darcy's injury has been updated to 6-8 weeks instead of indefinite, so hopefully we get to see him in the VFL mid year. And we need it soon - we have very low numbers for talls as it is, and absolutely zero depth

Darcy debuted long before most of us expected and looks comfortable at the level. Also he’s grown another 4cm.

Luke Cleary looks promising.

Our entire 2021 group of national draft acquisitions played together last Saturday and we won the game.

Our rookie selection was also re-signed early this season after impressive form in the VFL.

Very, very happy with McKenzies work.

Edit: I see this was for the trade period. Lynch killed a couple of black Cats but was solid in games he played.

Pretty happy with the Crows lot in 2021 considering our picks.

6 - Rachele
36 - Soligo (probably worthy of a late first on current form)
44 - Taylor doing well at SANFL level

MDS - Parnell, looks like he'll make it, very young, but holding his own. Other than Newcombe, not really anyone we missed

PSD - Nankervis - bit of a longer term player, but showing a bit at SANFL

MDS - Parnell, looks like he'll make it, very young, but holding his own. Other than Newcombe, not really anyone we missed
Didn't miss on Newcombe anyway since he went pick 2 and your first pick was 4

You'd have to say Hawthorn is a loser.

Their President sent a letter to its members which turned out to be about nothing, Sam Mitchell didn't get any more picks he wanted in and is stuck with a bunch of guys he tried to ship, which he thought he could get first round picks for and the market said they're worth a packet of plain salt.

Going to be an interesting 12 months for them.
Good one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back